Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

I was 100% happy with this in Win 8 (paid for it after 30secs of use) but in Win 8.1 I always got issues with a blue-ish taskbar but think its something to do with the way I installed it.

Can I have a look at this "final" build with installer please?

If it can look the way it did by default in Win 8 ( minus blur as you said its cannot be done) I be happy and hopefully Classicshell can add blur as I am not installing a 3rd App to do so.

Only problem I saw so far is that Glass doesnt stay when you use AeroRainbow to change the colorization. The glass almost goes away completely especially for active windows. Not sure if thats something that could be fixed in AeroGlass or if its AeroRainbow's problem.

Hey bigmuscle, congrats on such a great project. Is there any way I could get in on the installer version for Win8.1. I'm a themer and could find it useful in creating/porting some themes, as well as advertising for your product. Just a thought. Thanks anyways, much respect. I also donated 6€ today. :)

Edited by neiio

Hey bigmuscle, congrats on such a great project. Is there any way I could get in on the installer version for Win8.1. I'm a themer and could find it useful in creating/porting some themes, as well as advertising for your product. Just a thought. Thanks anyways, much respect. I also donated 6€ today. :)

I € 3 donation.
The installer is not can get.
Hate the watermark.
beta1 + license.key + killer conhost+debug.log (to read attribute)
No problem. :yes:
Edited by paxtax

Hi BigMuscle, I reported a visual glitch to you via eMail. Very occasionally some small parts of a window, often near the borders or title bars but not always, turn briefly transparent (not translucent). I see this so infrequently (e.g., once or twice a day) that it's been near impossible to tell whether it has anything to do with Aero Glass. Nothing is logged in your debug.log.

My gut feeling is that this is a display driver problem that appeared when I installed ATI Catalyst 13.12. And it seems to be visual only; the system is stable.

I recommend you proceed with your release. Your product is complete and working great.

-Noel

If dwm.exe crashes due to unhandled exception then minidump.dmp is generated. Please upload it.

If dwm.exe is terminated due to handled unexpected fatal error, then system log contains event entry with error code. Please provide it.

If dwm.exe is terminated without minidump/event log and debug.log contains "Uninstalling..." line (visible only if logging is enabled), it means that dwm.exe was naturally restarted.

If dwm.exe is terminated without minidump/event log and debug.log does not contains "Uninstalling..." line, it means that something in your computer terminate dwm.exe process forcibly.

I do have a minidump.dmp: http://sdrv.ms/1d1wrB1

Edited by WindowsOS

Any chance to get my hands on the version with the console disabled? AG interferes with my XBStart I'm developing constatntly stealing the focus, even when minimized. And no, I cannot uninstall AG Even for 5min. Win8 theme makes me want to scratch my eyeballs out.

Any chance to get my hands on the version with the console disabled? AG interferes with my XBStart I'm developing constatntly stealing the focus, even when minimized. And no, I cannot uninstall AG Even for 5min. Win8 theme makes me want to scratch my eyeballs out.

No the only way is to wait for it to go final. These releases are technically for testing only.

4 solid days of VERY hard desktop use running the Aero Glass private release preview (we're in crunch mode preparing our own software release here, unrelated to Aero Glass). It's stable.

Up4Days.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC