Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

I've noticed that when symbols are symbols are installed there is a one Pixel border around window edges. This border does not seem to be present if symbols are not installed.

Is there any way to disable this border?

thanks,

Aduui

Example (my files are in C:\BIN):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"CustomThemeAtlas"="C:\\BIN\\themeatlas.png""ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity"=dword:00000030"CustomThemeReflection"="C:\\BIN\\AeroGlassReflectionImage.png""TextGlowMode"=dword:00000001

-Noel

Hello NoelC,

can you please post (attach) that "AeroGlassReflectionImage.png"? I searched for it but I can't found it somewhwere...

Thanks a lot

Edited by MSUser

That was originally posted by MrGRiM as I recall (hope I got that right). I don't want to redistribute it without his permission. Perhaps he'll see this and provide the link, as I've lost track of where he posted it.

Edit: I see that infinality attached a glass reflection file to this thread back in post 481.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

That was originally posted by MrGRiM as I recall (hope I got that right). I don't want to redistribute it without his permission. Perhaps he'll see this and provide the link, as I've lost track of where he posted it.

Edit: I see that infinality attached a glass reflection file to this thread back in post 481.

-Noel

Thanks for the hint. Got it...

I've been using AeroGlass from the very first beta for Windows 8. Now I've moved to Windows 8.1 and still been using it, a really nice piece of software :D however, even with the most recent version I cannot understand how to get window titles glow effect and aero stripes as seen in all the screenshots here, I've got the transparency, yes, but nothing else :huh: I've downloaded some theme resources pngs, noelc's glow.bmp, put them all in the AeroGlass folder, even played with AeroConfigurator but to no avail. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance

Im in the same boat :(

Example (my files are in C:\BIN):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"CustomThemeAtlas"="C:\\BIN\\themeatlas.png""ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity"=dword:00000030"CustomThemeReflection"="C:\\BIN\\AeroGlassReflectionImage.png""TextGlowMode"=dword:00000001

-Noel

After applying this to my registry and restarting my comp, when i open regedit the glow is there but other folders like c drive and all others dont have the glow like my regedit.. must be missing something

Edited by illuzi0n

You can only achieve glow in all windows with text glow mode 3. But you also need a theme with proper glow settings for that to work. It's easy to modify the official Windows 8.1 theme for this but then you also have to disable theme signature checking. So, it's possible but requires a bit more work.

Hancoque is right. Ribbon-enabled windows apparently get their glow information from a different place. I don't have glow behind the title of my File Explorer or WordPad windows. I rarely use the latter, and fortunately the former have the path showing up near the top anyway so I can live with it.

-Noel

Bigmuscle: The RTM version you sent out in the email is working great. No errors when loading it and got my license key renamed. The only thing I did notice is that if I use AeroRainbow to change my glass colors to the color of the application's icon, the glass flickers and it wont be "glassy." I think I need to adjust the blur deviation so it'll work with the color. For now, I stopped using AeroRainbow and just have the sliders all the way to the left.

Thanks for the RTM test version BM, I did notice there are still redundant resources in the DWMGlass.dll though, it still contains the glass reflection png and the Swatches bitmaps, are they still there for a reason, are there plans to re-implement the Swatches?

BM, just installed the RTM test version for testing and did the rename license.key as requested to donation but would not load Aero correctly, I just renamed it back to License.key and now its working ..sent you beta email with error and screen shot..

Thanks, DP

RTM? the download link is RC3!?

Waiting for final :D

Windows 8.2 is coming...

RTM... hmmm wondering the same thing.

It's a joke, right? Don't tell me that we'll have an 8.2?!? What will M$ think up next?

I did lots of testing. But, for some reason, when I load some Modern apps, I think DWM crashes, since I see a black screen, then flickers back to the Modern app. Since I use two screens, the window that screen 2 has does not have blur. After I exit, the blur returns. Pics and debug.log included. Note that the pics are 3840 x 1080, and the app running is the Photos app. Also occurs sometime in the Search app.

http://sdrv.ms/1cPVVRB

Glitch.png?psid=1

It's a joke, right? Don't tell me that we'll have an 8.2?!? What will M$ think up next?

they switched to fast upgrade release cycle instead waiting for bunch of hotfixes to pile up and make service pack