Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

You should know that your first post sounded like a lot of others, which go something like "I want I want I want! whiiiine! wahhhh!"

Is there something fundamentally going wrong on your system because the pop-up is showing up before you're logging in? I'm sure that if you're having a legitimate problem, BigMuscle will want to hear about it.

Please understand that people have been complaining about the pop-up and watermark forever, and it gets reeeeally tiring to those of us testing this software and trying to help BigMuscle perfect it to have to keep hearing childish complaints about it. I can't imagine those complaints make him feel all that cheerful either.

So either document the problem, or stop complaining.

-Noel

Dwag you need to chill out. Yes its a legitimate problem.. because the popup shows up before I login so it doesn't allow me to move it and click on the password field. So I've to reboot quickly and click on the password field before the popup shows up. If thats not a problem then I don't know what is.

Have you tried alt-tab?

Will give it a shot and see how that goes.

Dwag you need to chill out. Yes its a legitimate problem..

At least I gave you credit for the possibility of it being a legitimate bug report, though one wonders why you couldn't have just described that problem without being begged for the information.

-Noel

Guest killzone

The builds are shared for people to test and report bugs, the console window is there to aid testers and the developer. If you find it annoying wait for the software to be released.

The builds are shared for people to test and report bugs, the console window is there to aid testers and the developer. If you find it annoying wait for the software to be released.

If the builds are meant to be shared only for that then the sharing should be "Invite based"

and not shared with everyone.

this will also help keeping tester audiance more helpfull as most testers will at least have a tiny bit of technical knoledge.

Edited by Hap

I don't follow your logic. Does that mean that you would rather not use a development build but feel urged to use it just because it has been made available to you? Besides, I don't think that so many people would have provided constructive feedback in this thread if they had to be invited first.

I don't follow your logic. Does that mean that you would rather not use a development build but feel urged to use it just because it has been made available to you? Besides, I don't think that so many people would have provided constructive feedback in this thread if they had to be invited first.

If you make it avalible then yes I get an urge :P

and I do think that early betas should be closed with plenty of debug info, late betas open, non annoying, with verbose logging in background.

this way you'l get very detailed constructive feedback from people who actually have technical interest in this and not just downloading for the eye candy.

and in later stages you'l have the wider feedback to cover the small stuff left.

If the builds are meant to be shared only for that then the sharing should be "Invite based"
and not shared with everyone.

this will also help keeping tester audiance more helpfull as most testers will at least have a tiny bit of technical knoledge.

A problem with this logic is that if it was invite only, with a thread for feedback , then can you imagine how many folks would look at all the great looking pics and complain "Why can't I try this, too?" There would be just as much whining as now, no additional feedback, and less publicity for the app. Altogether a losing proposition.

@Hap, while I greatly appreciate you not posting your "solution", and I understand you are annoyed by the way BM set it up, I think it is incredibly disrespectful for you to even mention your "solution" at all, especially in this thread! If nothing else you should have opened your own thread. This thread is about support for Aero Glass, not for working around its protections. In fact, on some boards, working around software protections is considered the same as discussing warez and is grounds for being banned from the board.

Cheers and Regards

Thanks, I fixed glitches in thumbnail windows.

Next release is going be the Final version or is there still one more RC to go?

And can you please the popup issue? I have popup of beta show up even BEFORE I logon under my account :( please

Why wait for the fiinal if it bothers you that much the donation is only like $3 US

Hey BigMuscle, I've been on ATI Catalyst 13.12 (up from 13.9 before) for almost 2 full days now and haven't seen a single DWM restart.

From what I can tell, Aero Glass for Win 8.1 works perfectly with the newest driver release.

-Noel

Why removing blur (from taskbar)? Not everyone use visual styles with custom-shaped taskbars. Ah... I’ll have to use StartIsBack only for the blur effect, even though I’m OK with the new Start Screen.

Edited by MainDeJustice

It's possible that the method of installing the software (which now allows Secure Boot) excludes the ability to directly detect the Taskbar, so the software just blurs those regions on the screen where the blur has explicitly been established by DWM API calls. I don't know that, it's just a guess.

-Noel

@ If you read the thread before posting you would know things changed in this build to fix other issues so he cannot do blur now.

I love the blur but I would rather this app works after Windows updates so he had to change it and unfortunately blur not working is an effect of this.

I agree it's a bit daunting to go figure out the answers, given the size of the thread.

You need to find a suitable graphic file (.png) for use with Aero Glass for Win 8.1 (I think MrGRiM has posted one), then add the following to your registry, adjusting the values as appropriate:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity"=dword:00000040"CustomThemeReflection"="C:\\BIN\\AeroGlassReflectionImage.png"

-Noel