Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

After some testing and a few reboots, we have lost taskbar blur with ClassicShell v4.0.2 & RC2.... But it still has transparency..yay..... and it is nice, in a fresh way. (It is much cleaner without the blur effect, I am actually pleased with the new look)

As I know, ClassicShell has an option which can bring the taskbar blur back. I just tested and it works but I think they do not disable accent so taskbar will be double-colorized resulting in less transparency.

But, TotalMediaTheatre v6.xxx is still affecting things... BluRay playback still disables Window shadows from the theme when actually 'playing'.

If it is my bug then I will be glad to fix it but unfortunately I have no possibility to reproduce it so I am not able to fix it. Are you sure that it does not happen when Aero Glass is not running?

If I disable AeroGlass I lose my theme. Then problem not exist. The drop shadows are in the themeatlas.

Strange nobody else just downloads a trial version of TotalMediaTheatre and play a bluray disc/iso (Remembering Windows 8 doesn't mount bluray isos... just CD/DVD. SlySoft make 'Virtual CloneDdrive' that works nicely with everything when made default.

I have only my HTPC machine running Windows 8.1, so I can't test much further.

In other news, I forgot to report I upgraded to SSD two weeks ago- and did not even think of machine ID for license.key file. AeroGlass continues to work perfect....l just cloned my system directly to it, and made it the boot drive.

BUT, I will be doing a CPU swap shortly when it arrives- I believe I need to upgrade my license this time right BM?

Found a clever LGA 771-775 adapter online, so I bought a cheap X5460 Xeon to try it out.

If all goes well, I'll be needing that free license upgrade :)

Cheers.

I can confirm that SecureBoot doesn't work still.

Does debug.log contain some error message?

ralcool: if it is the first you're going to upgrade your CPU, the form on website will do the key upgrade for you automatically (if HDD/SSD part is still same).

As I know, ClassicShell has an option which can bring the taskbar blur back. I just tested and it works but I think they do not disable accent so taskbar will be double-colorized resulting in less transparency.

BigMuscle, Ivo Beltchev has said he is willing to enable better Taskbar transparency when your product is used with his ClassicShell product...

Perhaps you could contact him and communicate your specific meaning of "disable accent"?

Please see: http://www.classicshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1889

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

I'm not exactly sure. But here it is. https://www.mediafire.com/?7tk168kis7w5vv8 I would have used Pastebin but it was being silly this morning.

I checked your log and there is nothing wrong, no error reported so everything seems to be working correctly. Except one thing... when the new loader is being executed, the Aero Glass library seems to be already injected so there is something wrong with your installation.

Noticed some artifacts in taskbar thumbnails, when mouse hover on thumbnails controls to change skype status.

I will check tomorrow - I just hope it will be easily reproducible.

BigMuscle, Ivo Beltchev has said he is willing to enable better Taskbar transparency when your product is used with his ClassicShell product...

Perhaps you could contact him and communicate your specific meaning of "disable accent"?

Please see: http://www.classicshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1889

-Noel

Accent is specific undocumented feature of DWM which makes whole window to be rendered with specific color and hardcoded alpha channel. It can be controlled via SetWindowCompositionAttribute API but I have not found any suitable documentation except small information how to enable/disable accent from Tihiy.

I've noticed an improvement with this new version as far as remote desktop is concerned. Version RC1 there was an issue with me connecting to my PC via remote desktop whereas when I would try and log back into the PC locally the screen would stay black and only the mouse cursor was visible therefore I would have to hard reset the PC. Now I can log back in locally and no black screen with RC2.

I also like the non blur in the taskbar, looks cleaner. Keep up the good work BM.

I'm noticing artifacts with this latest version on the taskbar and start menu where Aero Glass is no longer meant to be active.

oeauhpkwwsl5s6cfg.jpg

182731zwr8no67afg.jpg

If I force Aero Glass with Tihiy's SIB+ options then these artifacts are no longer transparent, seems there is a problem with these unglassed areas.

Ah, realization dawns... ClassicShell is a competitor of StartIsBack. I didn't realize the connections behind the scenes.

Hopefully Ivo will discover the feature now that he's been pointed in the right direction. But it's not a big deal for me - I kind of like the partially transparent Taskbar without blur.

-Noel