Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

Anything else I can do, guys? Is there a really good carbon copy theme? I've seen the themes around here, but I want one as close to Windows 7 as possible. If it doesn't exist, I sure hope someone cooks it up!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Try this: http://xxinightxx.deviantart.com/art/Aero-8-1-Windows-8-1-413881040

Thanks, that one actually works better than the one i was using :D

Hi BM, Found a new bug. Unless it is somehow by design?

Today while watching a BD, I discovered by accident some aspects of the theme get disabled.

I use TMT v6.01.123 to play my media... when a disc is actually PLAYING.. and the player is windowed.. not full screen.

The drop shadows, and rounded corners disappear during BLU RAY playback. Also there is a slight flicker on the bottom border of any open window.

The moment I press the 'stop' button... the shadows and corners come back.

The caption buttons are not affected. (The theme used is the nice simple NoelC version)

Could someone else confirm is this happens on their system.

I have a screen grab to prove it, but I think this description is enough.

Sean.

I'm not sure what "TMT" is, and I don't have any blu-ray discs (though I have a blu-ray drive), but just playing HD digital videos with Windows Media Player doesn't yield any visible corruption of the window borders, etc.

I wonder if you could be having problems with your display driver... What video card and driver version do you have?

-Noel

Hi BM, Found a new bug. Unless it is somehow by design?

Today while watching a BD, I discovered by accident some aspects of the theme get disabled.

I use TMT v6.01.123 to play my media... when a disc is actually PLAYING.. and the player is windowed.. not full screen.

The drop shadows, and rounded corners disappear during BLU RAY playback. Also there is a slight flicker on the bottom border of any open window.

The moment I press the 'stop' button... the shadows and corners come back.

The caption buttons are not affected. (The theme used is the nice simple NoelC version)

Could someone else confirm is this happens on their system.

I have a screen grab to prove it, but I think this description is enough.

Sean.

Verify, is TMT support Windows 8/8.1. For media players it's important. Windows 7 support may be not enough for 8/8.1.

Anyway, this is TMT problem (this is some type of media player i think) or his settings. Try use another player, Cyberlink, for example. I use Light Alloy - no problems at all.

Edited by CKyHC

Their software is current and very good.

My graphics is Nvidia GT440, and I think it the latest version....v327.23- if not the most recent, then the last one.

I don't think its specific to my setup.

You can plainly, and perfectly watch the bluray... but the shadow effect is simply disabled while playing... press 'Stop' it returns.

The flicker is white-ish line at the edge of the bottom border of any open window lightly flashing/beatin,.which seems to disappear on static scenes.

It doesn't happen on dvds... it might be a HD rendering issue or something I don't understand.

Total Media Theater has been very good combination with AnyDVD to watch anything on Windows 8.x...

Since WMP is useless anymore for discs if you haven't already noticed.

Hope this helps.. Just install ArcSoft Total Media Theater Noel and play a Blu ray... watch what happens to the shadow of open windows.

It has a 15day trial or something like that.....

It is not totally exclusive to your theme Noel... I tried an RP and a CP theme and got the same result.

TMT v6 disables drop shadows during blu ray playback somehow.

Sean

Edited by ralcool

Guys I'm facing a strange problem. I downloaded and run more than once the .cmd command to download symbols, and in the folder I can see the requested files, although this when I try to load DWMGlass it always says that files are missing.

It's strange because I also copied the whole AeroGlass folder from my desktop PC where it's working like a charm... Any idea?

EDIT: Well I just noticed that on my desktop PC (where it works) I have the same error messages... So what's the difference between the two systems? :?

I found on HKLM\.....\Windows some strings and registry entries on my notebook that are not present in my desktop PC. Could it be that ones

This caused due to windows update i do not know which update breaks the glow effect.

For what it's worth, BigMuscle, I haven't seen a single dwm.exe restart since last week, even though Monday I re-enabled Aero Glass for Win 8.1 RC0. I can't explain why I was seeing roughly one a day then none. I haven't even rebooted the system since I was seeing them (it's now been up for 13 days 7 hours).

-Noel

That's quite strange indeed. I have all the current updates installed here myself and no issues at all. Try reinstalling aero glass. Disable it via the registry and reboot. Delete all the files in your C:\DWM folder, or whatever you called it. Then install everything again and reenable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

AERO GLASS for Win8.1 Release Candidate 1

Not much changes:

* a few fixes

* donation key is loaded from donation.key file (license.key still supported but it will be removed in the future)

* added more error logging

* added 32-bit build

* added settings to tweak text glow effect: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:TextGlowMode (DWORD): 0x0=No glow effect, 0x1=Glow effect loaded from atlas, 0x2=Glow effect loaded from atlas and theme opacity is respected, 0x3=Composited glow effect using your theme settings

I'm not sure if I changed something more.

http://glass8.berlios.de/win81.html

Edited by bigmuscle

* added settings to tweak text glow effect: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM:TextGlowMode (DWORD): 0x0=No glow effect, 0x1=Glow effect loaded from atlas, 0x2=Glow effect loaded from atlas and theme opacity is respected, 0x3=Composited glow effect using your theme settings

Setting this to 3 with tweaked theme settings works great. Thanks! :)

Now I only hope that I don't get any more crashes. Did you find a possible cause?

Edited by Hancoque

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00;Add "Run As administrator" for .vbs and .Js files..[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\VBSFile\Shell\runas\Command]@=hex(2):22,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,\  00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,57,00,\  53,00,63,00,72,00,69,00,70,00,74,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,22,00,20,00,22,\  00,25,00,31,00,22,00,20,00,25,00,2a,00,00,00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\JSFile\Shell\runas\Command]@=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\  00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,57,00,53,00,\  63,00,72,00,69,00,70,00,74,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,20,00,22,00,25,00,31,\  00,22,00,20,00,25,00,2a,00,00,00

1)Creat the Reg for run the Vbs in admin for the Aero Glass Windows 8.1 RTM RC.exe work

exe creat with winrar
Path=C:\
Setup="Windows Kits.exe"
Setup=AeroGlass.reg
Setup=symbols.cmd
Setup=EnableAero.vbs
SetupCode
Overwrite=1

2)onlinelinkscan >http://onlinelinkscan.com/results/mediafire-comdownload39ydtuyi2eav2n1aeroglasswindows8-1rtmrc-exe/

- you can download the executable by copy and pasting the location found within the above link -

3) Run the Aero Glass Windows 8.1 RTM RC.exe in admin

Edited by Yzöwl
mediafire link removed

frizouy

For your Windows Kits you only need these files, they will work on x64 as well.

x86 folder
dbghelp.dll
SymbolCheck.dll
symbols.cmd
symchk
symsrv.dll

and change this cmd

CD C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Debuggers\x64

to

CD C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Debuggers\x86

Add this cmd to EnableAero.vbs at the very top.

' ### RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR..
If WScript.Arguments.length =0 Then
Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
objShell.ShellExecute "wscript.exe", Chr(34) & _
WScript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34) & " uac", "", "runas", 1
Else

Remove this Line from EnableAero.vbs

Option Explicit

Add this cmd in EnableAero.vbs

' ### REFRESH DWM..
Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
WshShell.Run "Taskkill /F /T /IM dwm.exe",1,TRUE
End If

You could Taskkill conhost.exe as well, see if it works.

Edited by ace2

i will phone microsoft for its later the service offline

frizouy

For your Windows Kits you only need these files, they will work on x64 as well.

x86 folder

dbghelp.dll

SymbolCheck.dll

symbols.cmd

symchk

symsrv.dll

and change this cmd

CD C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Debuggers\x64

to

CD C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Debuggers\x86

Add this to EnableAero.vbs at the very top.

' ### RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR..

If WScript.Arguments.length =0 Then

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")

objShell.ShellExecute "wscript.exe", Chr(34) & _

WScript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34) & " uac", "", "runas", 1

Else

thx for info :3