Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

I'm getting artifacts...

You can't be serious. Please do a better job of capturing your screenshot, because there's no way anyone could possibly see anything in that blurry shot.

-Noel

I'll try my best to capture the artifacts on my system, these things doesn't get captured using the built-in Print Screen functionality in Windows 8/8.1. I currently don't have my camera, all I have is my crappy phone. So deal with it :sneaky:

Edited by Dnamb

We understand your situation, but please understand ours. As to the artifacts, we'll deal with what we can see, which in this case is nothing.

Cheers and Regards

I know what you mean, but this doen't happen everytime. As for the sceenshot, If you try to see to the border of the live thumbnail (inside the glass region), you can see a line with a little shadow surrounding the thumbnail. Do you see it now?

I appreciate you trying to point out the problem, and I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I really can't see it. Maybe, since you've explained, someone else can see it. Good luck.

Cheers and Regards

We understand your situation, but please understand ours. As to the artifacts, we'll deal with what we can see, which in this case is nothing.

Cheers and Regards

I know what you mean, but this doen't happen everytime. As for the sceenshot, If you try to see to the border of the live thumbnail (inside the glass region), you can see a line with a little shadow surrounding the thumbnail. Do you see it now?

I managed to reproduce it. Just hover over the active programs in the taskbar a few times, a weird shadow effect will appear from time to time on the program "thumbnail previews".

EDIT, and no, a printscreen won't capture it.

Edited by shelter

I appreciate you trying to point out the problem, and I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I really can't see it. Maybe, since you've explained, someone else can see it. Good luck.

Cheers and Regards

I'll try to get a better screenshot but at this current moment, glass is working fine and there are no artifacts... :}

@shelter: exactly!

Edited by Dnamb

I can't reproduce anything out of the ordinary, and tried quite a few times per shelter's instructions. Maybe it's display driver-specific or something.

There's supposed to be an outline on those Live Preview thumbnails, and it changes a bit in lightness depending on which window has the current focus AND which thumbnail you hover your cursor over. Are you saying it's outside of that? Does it remain there after you've hovered over it? Or does it spontaneously appear? If so, is it specific to a particular application?

LivePreviews.png

As far as "dealing with it", LOL. You really do need to do a better job of showing and describing the problem before someone can act on your problem report.

FYI, I've found that while some of the artifacts Aero Glass for Win 8 has produced in the past have been impossible to capture from inside the system under test, it's been possible to capture them by screen-grabbing the display of a virtual machine using software on the host. I guess that's more like having a really accurate camera.

-Noel

Okay, in a VM I've managed to capture it by opening IE windows to MSFN and Microsoft. And it even flickers just when I hover over the Microsoft page thumbnail.

I made an upsized animation to show it clearly.

Artifacts.gif

-Noel