Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

Yes, that's why I moved the dwm window on the top of the firefox window. You can clearly see that the text of the firefox is clearly seeable though the dwm window border (not blured) on the left part (2nd rotated screen), but not seeable (blured) on the right side of the screen (1st non rotated screen). So blur is not working on the rotated screen but it is working on the main screen.

Edited by paul70

How do you guys get that nice shadow around the windows like on MrGRIM's theme? My windows don't drop shadows, although I'm using his theme :-/

Is that a setting in the registry that I'm missing?

Hmm.. I don't think Aero Glass is loading my themeatlas.png

Edit:

I missed it that in the latest beta you need "CustomThemeResource" in the registry again :-)

Now it is working

Edited by paul70

But look at left on the console - at your desktop background. You will see that the background is blurred in the shape of the whole console. So the position is either mirrored (because the blur touches the console window - the blue rectangle of the MSFN forum is blurred in Firefox) or shifted. Could you make another log with holding F11 (from this fixed build) + also make screenshot when you release F11 (so last log item matches the screenshot)?

Is there a way to generate ID for the license from beta on 8.1? I swapped my SSD when updating to 8.1 and my license is no longer valid ;)

BTW, I'm planning on adding a second SSD and putting them into raid configuration, will this require me to buy another licence?

Is there a way to generate ID for the license from beta on 8.1? I swapped my SSD when updating to 8.1 and my license is no longer valid ;)

BTW, I'm planning on adding a second SSD and putting them into raid configuration, will this require me to buy another licence?

Yes I was wondering about this too.

I swap 3 different HD's on my rig as I do different software testing scenarios and I would like to know if it will keep my license valid or do I need to buy 3 different ones?

I must admit that I don't know how it will work in raid configuration because I have never had such system. My algorithm just takes serial number of HDD/SSD where OS is installed to and if you license key does not match, it takes the 1st HDD/SDD found in the system. If machine ID is different for Win8 and Win8.1 and the rest of configuration is 100% then it's either a bug which should be fixed, or some drive blocks serial number detection on one of the system (this situation should be inspected too to minimize it)

Machine ID for Win8.1 Beta is displayed in console window. However, I do not recommend to generate license key unless you are a serious tester because you don't gain nothing (donation+license key does not really turn unstable beta version into full final version).

And one thing which I should finally change is renaming license.key to something like donation.key to more reflect the reality - you don't buy any license by donation.

OK, I'll wait for the final or semi-final version before generating next licence. I don't mind donating again if it turns out I'll need another one when I switch to RAID0 I'm just hoping it'll work :D

StartIsBack and Aero Glass for Win8 made me like my Windows 8 (before I knew about them I was always going back to my Win 7 after few days) so thank you for making my PC pleasant to use.

BigMuscle, you should take some of the zillions of dollars you'll be getting for Aero Glass for Win 8 and build yourself a nice SSD array.

I run from a 2TB RAID 0 array of 4 SSDs. Once you use a system that's this responsive you'll never go back.

If I were doing a new setup right now I'd probably get four OCZ Vector drives (mine are older OCZ models, as I built the array in April 2012) and the same PCIe controller card (HighPoint 2720SGL).

When I switch my workstation to Windows 8.1 I'll let you know how the machine code works out. :) Right now I'm only running it in a VM.

-Noel