Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

bigmuscle, could you please announce ETA for the AeroGlass for Windows 8.1? I've tried (and currently using) beta release and it works pretty stable (btw, thanks a lot!)

I know, you don't like to set any kind of deadlines for the fun projects but (I think so) it will be very nobly towards donators...

P.S. I'm one of the donators :) And I'm sorry to trouble you...

AERO GLASS for Win8.1 Beta 2

After some time, I'm presenting you next beta version of Aero Glass for Win8.1 intended for hunting glitches. There is not much changes but they are big:

- previous beta 1 disabled occlusion to correctly render blur regions. It caused that it rendered even non-visible (covered) window regions resulting in lower performance and higher power consumption

- this part has been completely reimplemented (because needed code from Win8 is not already present) and now it works as intended - invisible regions are not rendered at all

- glass safety zone fixes

- fixes for multiple monitors/devices/render targets

Current roadmap:

- fix bugs/glitches created during occlusion reimplementation

- reimplement missing features from Win8 version (e.g. loading custom atlas file from registry settings etc.)

- read glow and reflection image from atlas resource (and merge this into Win8 version)

- build 32-bit version

- create launcher not to be dependent on AppInit_DLLs

- fix last visible bugs, optimize performance and implement proper error handling

- release final version

win81beta2.png

Enjoy! But remember that this is still only beta build not intended for daily usage!

http://glass8.berlios.de/win81.html

Edited by bigmuscle

Thanks for the info & roadmap, sir!

>>Enjoy! But remember that this is still only beta build not intended for daily usage!

Oh, no! I simple can't work on my PC without AeroGlass :)

No.

Changing BlurDeviation value changes nothing for me.

No matter if I set it to 0, or 30, or 100, or delete the whole entry, there is no blur on transparent spaces on windows.

The command does work on my taskbar and my classic-shell start menu, but not on any window.

The outer edge of window borders is blurred, about half a millimeter, the rest is completely clear.

With Alpha 1 I get blur as it should be.

Edited by hfb

No.

Changing BlurDeviation value changes nothing for me.

No matter if I set it to 0, or 30, or 100, or delete the whole entry, there is no blur on transparent spaces on windows.

The command does work on my taskbar and my classic-shell start menu, but not on any window.

The outer edge of window borders is blurred, about half a millimeter, the rest is completely clear.

With Alpha 1 I get blur as it should be.

Do you use default system theme or some custom?

Within win 8.1 I use a default system theme with a custom background.

For aeroglass I use Noel´s theme from you downloadpage.

I just tried setting both themes to default, but still no blur...

Edited by hfb