Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

No luck man. I'm not sure what is going on :/ 8.1 I'm running is the one from the store. Though before I was running the RTM iso x64 and it seems to worked perfectly. Even when changing wallpapers. Could it have something to do with the GA?

This is an early beta. I think many of you have unreasonable expectations that it will be easy to set up and just work.

It's not like that. You have to know what you're doing.

If you're not into tweaking your system, and know how things work, maybe it would be better to wait until BigMuscle releases it in turnkey form, like he did for the version for Win 8.

-Noel

I'm new to the forum, I've been following this topic for a long while now. Looking forward to the final release. Very good job so far to the Aero Glass Project, BigMuscle.

1 small edit on the DWMGlass.dll file (Edited using Resource Hacker, probably the most basic program one can use. Idk)

More Visble Aero Stripes.

Windows 7 Color Swatches (Aero Glass needs to be active)

How i can have the blue like you? I have applied your reg file, but no difference.

After you have Aero Glass working, meaning the window frames are transparent the Color Swatches from Windows 7,In that reg file, are suppose to work automatically, because the color info and the images from the "Color and Appearence", I believe read off the "DWMGlass.dll" file. As long as that dll file is active the new pre-set Windows 7 colors work.

Whenever you have the DWMGlass.dll inactive, meaning when it's not showing Aero transparency on the window frames, there's a "Error loading Pre-set Colors message." I'm not sure if that's your case.

How to the colors appear on your Color and Appearence Window?

I have no errors, but if I select the third as you, it's very dark ..

o7pb.png

Whoever is automatic it is also dark more than windows 7 here's the difference..

z8vp.png

I see, I believe it has something to do with how much the theme has changed from 6.1.7601 (Windows 7) to 6.2.9200 (Windows 8) and beyond. The colors needed to be changed as well to fit the new theme for 8

348furk.jpg.

As u see in this screenshot here, this is an older version of Windows 8, which still had the Windows 7 color swatches along with the Automatic colorization but the theme itself is still Aero built-in before it was taken out.

Edited by DoubleSAnimations

I'm new to the forum, I've been following this topic for a long while now. Looking forward to the final release. Very good job so far to the Aero Glass Project, BigMuscle.

1 small edit on the DWMGlass.dll file (Edited using Resource Hacker, probably the most basic program one can use. Idk)

How i can have the blue like you? I have applied your reg file, but no difference.

After you have Aero Glass working, meaning the window frames are transparent the Color Swatches from Windows 7,In that reg file, are suppose to work automatically, because the color info and the images from the "Color and Appearence", I believe read off the "DWMGlass.dll" file. As long as that dll file is active the new pre-set Windows 7 colors work.

Whenever you have the DWMGlass.dll inactive, meaning when it's not showing Aero transparency on the window frames, there's a "Error loading Pre-set Colors message." I'm not sure if that's your case.

Whoever is automatic it is also dark more than windows 7 here's the difference..

I see, I believe it has something to do with how much the theme has changed from 6.1.7601 (Windows 7) to 6.2.9200 (Windows 8) and beyond. The colors needed to be changed as well to fit the new theme for 8

348furk.jpg.

As u see in this screenshot here, this is an older version of Windows 8, which still had the Windows 7 color swatches along with the Automatic colorization but the theme itself is still Aero built-in before it was taken out.

In your picture .. the transparancy is not really there I noticed also in fact it has a transparency option. The previous pictures you put it was with windows 8.1 RTM?

Edited by Max128

348furk.jpg.

In your picture .. the transparancy is not really there I noticed also in fact it has a transparency option. The previous pictures you put it was with windows 8.1 RTM?

The picture with the Consumer Preview, the transparency is there, it's just harder to see when you're on an Active Window.

29ehocm.jpg

This pic here, could be RTM, but then again I downloaded this via Windows Store on the day it came out on October 17th via Microsoft website. Runs a lot better than the RTM that got leaked back in September.

348furk.jpg.

The picture with the Consumer Preview, the transparency is there, it's just harder to see when you're on an Active Window.

29ehocm.jpg

This pic here, could be RTM, but then again I downloaded this via Windows Store on the day it came out on October 17th via Microsoft website. Runs a lot better than the RTM that got leaked back in September.

You have the same build as me ( 9600 RTM 8.1 ) I have downloaded this iso since 3 weeks in torrent which comes from MSDN is the same thing.

Can you post the files you have changed in the aero glass for this blue? and what theme you have, this is important?

Edited by Max128

348furk.jpg.

29ehocm.jpg

You have the same build as me ( 9600 RTM 8.1 ) I have downloaded this iso since 3 weeks in torrent which comes from MSDN is the same thing.

Can you post the files you have changed in the aero glass for this blue? and what theme you have, this is important?

Not that long ago on Page 11 Post 253, Grim posted the Aero Stripes. what I did was I used the larger one, and duplicated the layers at least 4 times to make it more visible, and then planted into the DWMGlass.dll. I would have posted the DWMGlass.dll file here sooner if the file size of it wasn't so huge.. You'd have to disable your Aero Glass to switch the original DWMGlass.dll with the more visble Aero Stripes.

I'd have to figure out another place to upload it to since Attachment files only allow 500 KiloBytes and this DWMGlass with the more visible stripes is 2.63 Megabytes.

As for the theme. I'm using Grim's "Vista8ModernMix" theme which you can find and download from his deviantart.