Aero Glass for Win8.1 RTM RC3

I'm new to the forum, I've been following this topic for a long while now. Looking forward to the final release. Very good job so far to the Aero Glass Project, BigMuscle.

1 small edit on the DWMGlass.dll file (Edited using Resource Hacker, probably the most basic program one can use. Idk)

29ehocm.png More Visble Aero Stripes.

x36he.jpg Windows 7 Color Swatches (Aero Glass needs to be active)

swatches_hkcu.reg

Edited by DoubleSAnimations

The old version of Glass8 Must be uninstalled before the move-up to windows 8.1 32bit, because leaving on the system, causes untold problems when the computer is shut down for the first time. Screen flashing and will not load the new system.

Edited by cottonlane

Does anyone know of a way to hide the dwm.exe window? I use RTtray but it doesn't want to hide this one :/

Using HideAnyWindow here and it's working fine.

http://www.morun.net/www/downloads/hideanywindow.html

What did you set to hide dwm.exe window? There's another window related with bigmuscle's solution "Information". I hide it with HideAnyWindow by rule: title window include "Information", I did same thing with dwm.exe but this windows always starts with Win 8 and don't know solution to hide it. Can someone help?

Expect the DWM window to appear when you first boot up / log in, after which it can be minimized. Live with it in the Tasbar for now, and rest assured BigMuscle is working toward a nice, clean release.

My advice: Stop obsessing over hiding it. Minimize it and learn to ignore its icon/button in the Taskbar. You were given a flexible mind for a reason.

FYI, personally I use a WinBatch script that I run from the Startup group to automatically minimize dwm.exe after login. I see the dwm.exe window for a few seconds, then it just minimizes. Small price to pay to be allowed to test the beta versions of this cool software.

My version of WinBatch allows "compile" of a script, which builds both the script interpreter and script itself into a single executable. Handy. If you'd like to try a copy, you may download it from here:

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/temp/MinimizeDWMWindow.zip

Extract the .exe file from within the above .zip into a folder in which the script package can extract its own DLL files when it is run. Then drag a shortcut into your Startup folder, e.g.: C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

This is a quick and dirty script, and has exactly one command in it: WinIconize("dwm.exe");

When you run it (e.g., automatically from within your C:\Users\NoelC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder) , it will minimize an existing window with the name dwm.exe. If such a window does not exist, it will pop up an error.

-Noel

I made a couple of new reflection images, sort of based on the default ones but a bit sharper, I also made one 200% the size, the result is much a smoother looking reflection with no jagged edges.

802x604 Original Size

257pn994t722rcffg.jpg

1604x1208 200% Size

7aivr25b3irk3vafg.jpg

You will need to edit the DWMGlass.dll to replace the reflection image if you want to give them a go.

Screen of how it looks on 8.1 with glass reflection intensity set to 50

93c90ck07gii2pdfg.jpg

If I manage to do it, reflection image will be part of the atlas file, so you will be able to change either by theme modification or by using custom atlas file. But it's the future task, now I need to finalize glass rendering with the occlusion enabled.