Do i have USB 3.0

Bad boy Warrior

I read around and a little confused if i have USB 3.0 or not. It doesnt have the blue receptacle but it does seem to have a USB 3.0 symbol (or what i think the symbol is) ..... i dont have a USB 3.0 device at present so cant test. I've attached an image of device manager and wondering if anyone can confirm?

post-42895-0-10229900-1374514483_thumb.p

I read around and a little confused if i have USB 3.0 or not. It doesnt have the blue receptacle but it does seem to have a USB 3.0 symbol (or what i think the symbol is) ..... i dont have a USB 3.0 device at present so cant test. I've attached an image of device manager and wondering if anyone can confirm?

attachicon.gifusb3.png

Is this a Desktop or Lap? and if so what model?

Thanks, when i placed this order i customised it. When i checked with the Dell sales agent he advised its only USB 2.0 (I couldnt change it as the order was in process and forgot to mention this).... so just to make sure theres nothing in the image attached that would give me concrete evidence to say which it is? As im not sure if the link above refers to models that have not been customised?

You are using the built-in Microsoft driver. I think even on Windows 8, the Intel drivers do not install. I have heard some complaints of USB3 not working as expected (speed related) using the built-in drivers. I know the actual driver file names you need for this (iusb3xhc.inf and iusb3hub.inf) but not specifically which package (there are 2 different ones with the release of the 8 boards).

attachicon.gifusb3.png

Here is a free NirSoft standalone called "USBDeview" comes in x86-x64 flavors..DP :sneaky:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Edited by DosProbie