Copy files without having a user logged-in

pcdok

Hello everybody,

I am a little stuck with this following issue.

We have a client WindowsXP Prof that due to security limitations will logout the user automaticly after 10min no beeing used.

On this desktop there are a lot of pdf's created and stored automaticly.

Now my question: Is there a way to copy those files to an network location (server) without having any user logged into the system and this on a regular base ( example every 5min?)

Any ideas ?

Everything is welcome.

Many thanks

Koen

Of course, the solution would be copying from another computer (the destination would be a good choice if possible) accessing a shared folder (for example) but you also set up an ftp/sftp if the transfer have to be secure.

Hello,

To give a littlebit more info:

I have installed "pdfcreator" installed on de windows XP client but as an server version; so that the pdf-printer is shared for other clients (works fine); however, at the moment, pfdcreator is saving its pdfs on the local HDD of the windows XP, and I would rather like to have this done on another server.

Pdfcreator is indeed running as a service..

PDFPrinter is installed "Local" so it will always print at the "Local". Other users (computers) accessing the Shared Printer (Remote) will also "print" on said computer as it's the Server. If you want them save on any givenb PC, the PDF Software will HAVE to be placed on the given Server as the place to put the Created PDF's. It's the same as any Shared Printer will work - the Prints are "routed" to the Computer that has the Printer "physically" attached and Local (that Computer) prints are, well, Local.

HTH