ndis.sys causing high DPC Latency

brajenful

Hi!
I was playing, when I noticed that about every minute, for about 10 seconds my fps went down to about 10-12, and with a little searching on the internet, i figured out it was because of the high DPC Latency. I downloaded LatencyMon and DPC Latency Checker, and it showed that most of the time it was around
150-200 μs, but about every minute, it went up to 3000-3500 μs. I checked the execution times with LatencyMon, and the highest was ndis.sys with 5.2 ms. I disabled the wireless adapter, hoping that it will solve the problem, but it didn't work. I still get these spikes, and now the highest was rspLLL64.sys with 0.5 ms. Strangely, I didn't get any pops and cracks while listening to music, as long as the wireless adapter was enabled. After I disabled it, they appeared. I tried updating the wireless and the audio drivers, but they didn't solve the problem. I've been searching for the solution for about 1-2 weeks, but i didn't find it. I would be grateful if any of you could help me.

PS: Sorry if my english is bad, it's not my native language.

post-380031-0-38125200-1374268051_thumb.

update the driver for your Atheros WIFI

attachicon.gifDPC.png

You use the old version "9.0.0.202.

Get the driver version 10 from here:

http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=40&system=5

Well, I thought I used the latest version, because I installed it a long time ago, and it said it was successful, but never mind. However, I tried to install it now, and of couse it doesn't work. I tried it a couple times, and it says Install Failed. I even uninstalled the previous driver completely before installing the new one, but it didn't work either.

xamaXj9.png

Windows thinks the driver is already installed, but can't find it:

inf:      {SetupCopyOEMInf: c:\users\brajenful.brajenful-pc\desktop\win7-10.0.0.234-whql\netathrx.inf} 21:32:15.835!    inf:           Package was already in store: skipping Driver Store add     inf:           Driver Store location: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netathrx.inf_amd64_neutral_3d20c0e894328962\netathrx.inf     inf:           Published Inf Path: C:\Windows\INF\oem3.inf!    inf:      Unable to load INF: 'C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netathrx.inf_amd64_neutral_3d20c0e894328962\netathrx.inf'(00000003)!    inf:      Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified.!!!  inf:      Could not load INF 'C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netathrx.inf_amd64_neutral_3d20c0e894328962\netathrx.inf'.!!!  inf:      Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified.

use pnpultil to uninstall this OEM3.inf:

pnputil.exe -d oem3.inf

reboot adn try to install the new driver again. If this fails, too upload the new log.

I see that you still used the old driver (Opened INF: 'c:\users\brajenful.brajenful-pc\desktop\wireless lan_atheros_9.0.0.202_win7x86x64\ndis6xwin7\netathrx.inf' ([strings]))

Use this tool to kill Atheros drivers:

http://driverstoreexplorer.codeplex.com/releases/view/99694

Which BSOD did you get? Can you share the .dmp file from C:\Windows\Minidump?

I think it doesn't because I reinstalled the system a couple of times, and i had to install all the drivers every time. Furthermore, I killed all the network drivers before I tested the DPC Latency.