~ AeroGlass_v.03_X64_Silent Installer for Windows 8 ~

DosProbie

~ AeroGlass_v.03_X64_Silent Installer for Windows 8 ~

- New Installer Version ==> https://copy.com/rFFUJWnCCgfw

- Non Installer Versions:

- Toggle Aero (Toggle aero on and off on the fly) ==>ToggleAero.cmd

- DWMGlass Tool (see description Post #9) ==>DWMGlassTool.cmd

This is an open source cmd silent installer for Big Muscle's 0.95 RC4 Aero Glass that I made for myself and thought I would share it for those of you looking for a AIO hands free install of Aero Glass with the added ability to enable and tweak your aero transparency settings for Windows 8.

[Features]
- Sets a System Restore Point prior to install to help with any issues.
- Installs Firewall Rules and adds MS symbols server to the trusted site zone.
- Creates shortcuts in Taskbar, Start Menu Programs and Control Panel for easy access.

- Includes a right click desktop context menu called "Toggle Aero Glass" to change aero glass on the fly.

- Uses AGTweaker (v1.3.3) to easily adjust your aero glass, custom theme resources etc.

- Includes 2 Part Uninstaller in DWM folder and Windows programs and features.

[install]
- Just unzip the file, then remove any existing C:\DWM directory.

- Right-Click on Setup.cmd and run as administrator, will do quick install then restart to adjust settings.
- After install, enable defaut aero theme, then enable your custom theme to refresh colorization.

-This installer has been fully tested and working but as always use any software at your own discretion ie: Caveat Utilitor.
DP :yes:

Edited by DosProbie

y4NVNie.jpgwell,I got this notification,and after seconds ,the computer got a restart.Then I lose the aero effect before.Except this,I got nothing :w00t:

Oh,I use the tweaker under the files you offered,and the aeroglass could be enabled.

But I really get nothing new in both taskbar or Control Panel.

By the way,do you know why my task bar always looks a little blacker than the StatusBar of file explorer?tUfvA1C.jpg

No matter I use which theme or which wallpaper...I hope it can be as white as it looks like under the theme in win7> <

Edited by gru

y4NVNie.jpgwell,I got this notification,and after seconds ,the computer got a restart.Then I lose the aero effect before.Except this,I got nothing :w00t:

Oh,I use the tweaker under the files you offered,and the aeroglass could be enabled.

But I really get nothing new in both taskbar or Control Panel.

By the way,do you know why my task bar always looks a little blacker than the StatusBar of file explorer?tUfvA1C.jpg

No matter I use which theme or which wallpaper...I hope it can be as white as it looks like under the theme in win7> <

I would uninstall from DWM with the Pre-cleanup.cmd then Programs and Features and run a virus scan also

Do you get the C:\Program message when Windows boots up?

Edited by DosProbie

No…at least,after I run your Setup.cmd again,I saw no message when windows boots up.

I get some message when windows boots up after running the pre-cleanup.cmd.Like'can't find ****.vbs',and a cmd window

Edited by gru

What I meant was that "C:\Program" must really be meant to point to "C:\Program Files\SomeFolder\SomeFile". When a batch type program is executed that references such a path, and such a path is not handled correctly by enclosing the path in quotes, such as "FullPathNameWithSpaces", then you will usually get the "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program'. etc." type of error.

Cheers and Regards

No…at least,after I run your Setup.cmd again,I saw no message when windows boots up.

I get some message when windows boots up after running the pre-cleanup.cmd.Like'can't find ****.vbs',and a cmd window

Sounds like its not Every time you boot up but a single instance, so If your getting a one time message after using the pre-cleanup then its just looking for the deleted file that is no longer available and should not be anything to worry about..DP

DWMGlassTool.cmd

For those of you that would rather manually change BigMuscle's aero glass via the registry and not with one of the
available installers or a tweaker app, I created this standalone script called "DWMGlassTool". The tool has only
2 basic options: Enable Aero or Disable Aero, and because its a standalone and non-tweaker it does not
require any installation or uninstaller, nor does it leave behind old registry changes like a tweaker app. DP :yes:

[How To Use]
>> Just Download AeroGlass 32 or 64-bit from BigMuscle @http://glass8.berlios.de/
>> Create a folder called DWM in your systemdrive and place the six (6) downloaded files in.
>> Launch as admin. DWMGlassTool from your desktop.
>> Choose your option.
>> Will logoff to make registry change.

That's it Simple and Easy!

Glass_Tool.png

Edited by DosProbie