BigMuscle's Aero Glass AIO Installer by Mr GRiM

Aero Glass for Windows 8 by BigMuscle AIO Installer

I have made a complete installer for x86 and x64 to take the effort out of installing BigMuscle's Aero Glass, please make a backup or system restore before making any changes to your OS.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any problems or damage this installer may do.

Features:

The installer comes with a complete uninstaller, all registries keys are added during installation and also removed when uninstalled, including color swatches.

The installer can be used on x86 and x64 systems

All features are enabled by default

The installer also includes the modified simple version of AGTweaker and it will add a desktop shortcut as well as a context menu shortcut for AGTweaker.

During uninstall if you are using a custom theme it will revert back to the default Aero theme to prevent the Black Screen bug if you are using Aero Glass to bypass the theme signature.

Here are a few screen shots of the installer.

33kc7qv.jpg4rfep5.jpg2iw7bz7.jpg2hq84mx.jpg308h1cm.jpgv62h4g.jpg

u81g.jpg

Update 17/07/2013:

Change Log

1. Fixed installer to create correct Registry Value to bypass Theme signature. (Old value was incorrect and not functioning)
2. Fixed installer to create correct Registry Value to enable Shader target optimization. (Old value was incorrect and not functioning)
3. Fixed uninstall for Custom Color Swatches, now deletes the Control Panel Key for Custom Color Swatches and not just the Swatches values. (Removing just the Swatches Values and not removing the keys left Window Color and Appearance options blank)
4. Removed install option for Public Symbol downloading from MS Servers (Is now enabled by default and can not be disabled)
5. Added new safety option to revert to Default Aero theme during uninstall to prevent the Black Screen bug if you are using Aero Glass to bypass the theme signature.
6. Installer now requires a log off after install instead of just restarting explorer.exe and DWM to ensure the glass effect is rendered correctly and Public symbols are downloaded if needed.

Please uninstall the previous version before updating.

Download the Aero Glass RC4 AIO Installer from Mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hwb5k2tj9xp42rv/Aero_Glass_RC4_v0.95.exe

Please only post in this thread about any problems you may have with this installer and not in BigMuscle's Aero Glass thread, I have made this separate thread for my installer to prevent people from posting about problems that may not be related to BigMuscle's Aero Glass

@MrGRiM

I tried your new installer and i have a problem that the colours in the colorization menu don't match..

For example when i choose the yellow my windows turn green.

Green is light blue etc.

It happened with the previous version too!When using AGTweaker to change them all works good but with the installer of @DosProbie i didn't have the same problem.

If this is a problem and i should change colours from AGTweaker only..

@Yes bigmuscle you have a point...

I don't know how to remove this so i just edit it to say i apologize :)

Not sure why you would have a problem with the swatches, unless you have some other registry settings from a previous version, I have tested this installer on the VM multiple times as well as a live test machine I have just set up and the installer has worked perfectly, one thing you could try I guess is to download the original files for Aero Glass and apply the Swatches registry file and see if that makes any difference.

Sorry just read your post again and you said you have also used AGTweaker to modify the colors, this may be the problem if that's the case, I don't think AGTweaker should be used for anything other then setting a custom theme resource and changing the window corners to square or round, leave the personalize settings alone, pretty much all of those other settings are legacy and no longer function as expected in the latest version of Aero Glass, the colors should only be changed in your Windows Color & Appearance settings, this was the whole idea of adding the new swatches, to provide colors that are better suited to the glass effect.

I think you are going to have to a bit of a search through your registry and remove any custom registry settings made by this and any other versions of AGTweaker or you will continue to have problems, this is the only problem with AGTweaker, it adds all these registry settings but there is no easy way to remove them and I think it may be best if I just completely remove AGTweaker from my installer.

Edited by MrGRiM

Yeah mate the use of AGTweaker was the reason for me having problems with swatches.

I tried it with a fresh install and all works good!

Do you know what registry settings should i change to make it work properly on my other machine?

I could do a repair too cuz the system is new so if you don't there is no problem :)

@ping12, Can you please post more details? What worked before and what does it do now? Have you done anything else at all that could have effected this behavior? What have you tried to fix it? What do you mean by "permanently"? What happens after you uninstall? Can you post any logs or screenshots that help explain the situation? Please provide hardware and software descriptions if that could possibly have any impact. etc, etc

Cheers and Regards

@Mr Grim please enable aero glass installer to import swatches_hkcu.reg so that aero glass is loaded perfectly with lastest windows updates

What latest updates, I have all updates and it works fine here, what sort of problem are you seeing?

@Mr Grim please enable aero glass installer to import swatches_hkcu.reg so that aero glass is loaded perfectly with lastest windows updates

What latest updates, I have all updates and it works fine here, what sort of problem are you seeing?

If swatches.reg is not present the transperancy is lost for eg if your rc3 aio installer is used. the dwm glass files has to be replaced with rc4 with swatches_hkcu.reg as if contains diff reg keys

Not sure if it's Aero Glass itself or the your installer, but whenever I boot up there is a black screen for ~10 seconds before it logs in.

If its a dos console then its probably Symbols downloading for the $M site..

There's no dialogs or consoles of any kind. Just complete blackness; not even a cursor.

Hope you set a restore point before you installed, if so you can just boot back up and back date it..

• 1 month later...