I'd like to confirm that StartIsBack+ on my Windows 8.1 x64 machine does not show recent programs pinned to start menu.

Its kind of slowing my workflow.

A fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

StartIsBack+ 1.7.5

• Dynamic high-DPI start menu scale adjustment
  • Start menu searches in PC settings as well
  • Improved compatibility with Windows 10 Technical Preview
  • Offline activation for enterprise licenses
  • Fixed minor issues

Hi Tihiy,

Thank you for updating SIB+.

Um... you really intend to make it work on W10?

I hope so. The "new" start menu is a bigger step BACKWARD than even the old Start screen was.

Anyone here has W10 to see if SIB+ works well on it? I don't feel like installing and testing a new OS any more. I used to though! 

Wondering if the latest build of W10 stable enough and worth another try. 

The only chance that I'll ever upgrade to Win10 is that StartIsBack+ and Aero Glass work again.

You and me both Andre. Can't wait until Tihiy and BM add stable Win10 support.

I had the restart loop on Win 10 x64 with a previous version, but no longer happening with SB 1.7.5

I can't access SB properties in Win 10 though, nothing happens when I right click on the start button.

On Win 8.1 it's working fine.

Only think I noticed with both installs is that the installation left me with a black screen apart from the start button and an empty taskbar. I had to reboot to get the desktop back. Never had this before with previous updates. All fine after a reboot though!

Hi, I have an old Windows 8 PC which has been running StartIsBack for a couple years. I will be putting a new SSD into it and switching to Windows 7. I would like to transfer its StartIsBack license to StartIsBack+ in a new Windows 8.1 PC. Do I have to somehow de-authorize the old PC?

Edited by octiceps

Good morning,

I'm new in the forum, I downloaded a free copy of the 30 days of this fantastic program, because of an update of Windows 8.1, when I reboot the PC, there is a black screen with the cursor in the middle of the screen
! Therefore, it forces you to uninstall.

Can you solve this boring problem? :no:

Thank.

i have x64 tihiy, still happens for me though, i am allready on ltest version, tried beta too.

cant rightclick the startbutton either on my end.

if you need a log or something, testing whatever, hit me up on PM if ya want.

Dami

Just a heads-up: in the last few days I've had quite a few users with black screen at logon, due to Explorer crashing in StartIsBack64.dll. They all had old versions of SiB+ (pre-1.7.0) installed, upgrading to the latest solved the problem.