Using Windows 8.1 with spring update on x64 -

On start Screen - when I hover my mouse down, it doesnt always bring up the task bar. Is this something being worked on ?

Sometimes the taskbar shows up, sometimes it doesnt.

Please explain what you mean by 'sometimes'. When you're trying to invoke it 20 times in a row? When you go to it from app? From desktop? What fixes it?

When I go to start screen - if at first time when I hover my cursor down, the taskbar comes up, then It will come up everytime I hover my cursor down.

Else, when I go to start screen and hover my cursor down, if at first time I hover my cursor down and taskbar doesn't come up, it wont come up, no matter how many times I hover my cursor down.

I hope you get it!

Please let me know.

*bump*

Can you add a feature that I wanted for several years. Opening several programs require that you have to open the startmenu several times. It would be nice if it would stay open if I press an additional key like CTLR while clicking an Item in the startmenu.

I would really like to see this.

Did you check about mine issue ?

I need something reproduceable. I can't reproduce your issue. Please find a reproduceable scenario and don't forget to specify your taskbar settings, edge settings, non-default SIB settings.

It seems taskbar not showing in Metro apps issue affects Start8 and Classic Shell as well.

Please try to provide more info how to reproduce it, any scenario. Make sure you're running 1.6RC.

It seems taskbar not showing in Metro apps issue affects Start8 and Classic Shell as well.

Please try to provide more info how to reproduce it, any scenario. Make sure you're running 1.6RC.

I wish I knew how to reproduce this. It happens only rarely, but it does happen. I am on 1.5.2 version by the way, so may be I will install the latest one and give it few days and then update you ??

It's a bug in Windows 8.1 Update 1, not the Start Menus :) MS fanboys were also tweeting about it. Sometimes the Taskbar just fails to appear when the pointer touches the bottom edge. Sometimes it appears without any problem. It's unreliable. Win+T makes it show every time though.