Do not double-post. Write to support e-mail.

This problem happens if neither BIOS nor HDD have stable serial numbers and unfortunately not resolved easily.

Do you think support works??i don't thins so....and i don't think it's a serial problem, neither of bios nor of hdd, never heard something like this

Actually it is rather common to use hardware ID's to create an unique signature.

If you take some time to write to Tihiy and explain your issue, I'm sure he'll try to help out.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How do I get in touch with a live person to communicate an issue I want to resolve with licensing.  I purchased 750 licenses and now want to purchase additional maybe up to 1500 or 2000.  The issue is that I want to retain my original activation code so we don't have to use multiple code for deployment and don't have to keep track of which machines have which activation codes... it would help us if we could just purchase the additional licenses and someone on startisback's side could update our activation code to reflect the additional licenses we purchased.  Can anyone help on startisback's side?

Edited by Lojackfty

How do I get in touch with a live person to communicate an issue I want to resolve with licensing.  I purchased 750 licenses and now want to purchase additional maybe up to 1500 or 2000.  This issue is that I want to retain my original activation code so we don't have to use multiple code for deployment and don't have to keep track of which machines have which activation codes... it would help us if we could just purchase the additional licenses and someone on startisback's side could update our activation code to reflect the additional licenses we purchased.  Can anyone help on startisback's side?

I'll PM you and see if I can help.

Edit:  You have to write support email.

http://www.startisback.com/#support-tab

General support

If you have licensing or urgent support questions, please email me to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.

Edited by roirraWedorehT

• 4 weeks later...

So you observe ActivationData gets deleted in your case? That's strange. It is deleted only in the case server reports invalid license key or other error.

Can you try to backup ActivationData and restore it as ActivationData1 on different hardware?

Hi @Tihiy,

I've come back to this issue with SIB+1.7.5 and have some new observations:

- If ActivationData exists but hardware changes, it does create ActivationData1, which is what you were saying should happen.

- However, SIB+ only seems to check ActivationData and not ActivationData1, since it stays un-activated. If I activate again, it just creates AcivationData2, but still stays un-activated.

- If there is no Internet connection and you activate, SIB+ wipes out all ActivationData and LicenseHash registry values. This should not happen IMO.

Edited by deipotent

simple question, is there a way to get a business license for less than 10 PCs I'd love to use SiB on my work PC, but a 10 PC license is quite a bit overscaled.

As far as I'm aware, you're not forced to buy a business version if you only want it on 1 PC anyway.  Business versions are really for a person/company to deploy company-wide or at least on more than one PC.

Just buy the $2.99 1 PC version.

Are you able to actually install programs like this on your work PC though?  A lot of work PCs are locked down to limit what you can and can't install.  If you already installed the trial version successfully, though, then you already know whether you can install it or not - so ignore me if that's the case.   :)

Edited by roirraWedorehT

well I can install stuff (as long as I talk about it with my employer, obvious enough, it helps being only 2 people and that my employer know not much about computers), but my problem is that at least the website says clearly that the personal edition is not for business use

also how's stuff with multiboot computers? some devs let multibooters share a license on the same PC while others say that it's not okay, and users need a seperate license for each copy installed anywhere...

Edited by My1

Hello,

I have the program installed . Clicking on the clock on the taskbar window date and time does not appear. How I can fix it?

Hello,

I have the program installed . Clicking on the clock on the taskbar window date and time does not appear. How I can fix it?

Hello,

Hello, I have the program installed . Clicking on the clock on the taskbar window date and time does not appear. How I can fix it?

• 1 month later...

hey, it always bothered me that I have to click in "all programs" button, instead of start it there already (for me its always blank the first start menus screen, I have disabled to remember the most used programs). Is possible to do this with this program? If not, could you include this option?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

lol, WITFF, do I keep installing Start8... I have a VM with W10 and Star$craps Start8 latest update forces consumers to buy a newer version of the startmenu, lol. scumbirds. I'll stick with this!

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a chance to get custom items to the right side of the Windows 7-startmenu? Folders are possible, yes, but no programs. I'd like to have Powershell instead of Command Prompt e.g.