You could try to look into SiB's registry settings and change them accordingly, after applying various system-wide settings through the AutoIt script. If you don't know which registry settings to change and how, you may use a third-party utility that monitors the registry, apply a few sets of changes through SiB's own control panel and then check that utility's log to see what has been changed and where.

But don't ask me about such utility, I have no idea if there is one to work under Win8.x+. There used to be InCtrl5, long time ago, for older OS versions.

You could try to look into SiB's registry settings and change them accordingly, after applying various system-wide settings through the AutoIt script. If you don't know which registry settings to change and how, you may use a third-party utility that monitors the registry, apply a few sets of changes through SiB's own control panel and then check that utility's log to see what has been changed and where.

But don't ask me about such utility, I have no idea if there is one to work under Win8.x+. There used to be InCtrl5, long time ago, for older OS versions.

the point is not that I do not know what changes I want to do in the registry or where you have to make, the point is that I need the changes already made to the registry apply to start menu and start button on-the- fly without using startisbackcfg, to implement these changes and properly made by the autoit in the registry I have to restart explore.exe, and I do not want is to have to restart, thanks

Ah, I see now! Well, I believe there may be a whole series of API calls when SiB applies its changes. it's only up to Tihiy to reveal these calls or not - after all, it's not an open-source application. So if he can't or won't do that, I'm afraid there's nobody else to help you on this matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Even with all the hot corners / edges disabled, when I move my mouse to the top of the screen and click drag down, it still turns my desktop into an app as if I want to drag down to close, or snap to left/right, any way to stop this happening?

Latest SIB+ 1.7, Windows 8.1 Update 1 Pro x64

EDIT - Enabling and disabling the top edge snap option again fixed it, disabling those options once didn't have an effect, had to do it twice, bug ?

Edited by Detection

Even with all the hot corners / edges disabled, when I move my mouse to the top of the screen and click drag down, it still turns my desktop into an app as if I want to drag down to close, or snap to left/right, any way to stop this happening?

EDIT - Enabling and disabling the top edge snap option again fixed it, disabling those options once didn't have an effect, had to do it twice, bug ?

I've noticed some odd behaviors with the edge gestures. For me, I have top, left, right enabled but periodically they'll just stop working under SiB. I have to fix by rebooting :\

Edited by Saijin_Naib

Hello,  warm regards.

I installed StartIsBack + 1.7 for Windows 8.1 x64 and worked well. But suddenly stopped showing recent programs in its initial window as well as programs that had anchored the menu also appear (all empty initial screen appears). Another problem I see is new in that by giving a program to be "anchored to the start menu", does not appear in the context menu. I uninstalled  deleting and re-install previous configurations, but not resolved. It may have damaged something in Windows (the register file or some .NET framework package), ¿StarIsBack depend on any particular version of .NET framework package or other units?

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

It happened to me too, creating a new user fix that, anyone knows the fix to my user ?

Edited by x7007

I've noticed some odd behaviors with the edge gestures. For me, I have top, left, right enabled but periodically they'll just stop working under SiB. I have to fix by rebooting :\

Yea it's still happening, randomly the top hot edge becomes active again and when I try to highlight a load of icons at the top of the screen, it grabs the desktop into windowed mode as if I want to kill or snap it

Hello,  warm regards.

I installed StartIsBack + 1.7 for Windows 8.1 x64 and worked well. But suddenly stopped showing recent programs in its initial window as well as programs that had anchored the menu also appear (all empty initial screen appears). Another problem I see is new in that by giving a program to be "anchored to the start menu", does not appear in the context menu. I uninstalled  deleting and re-install previous configurations, but not resolved. It may have damaged something in Windows (the register file or some .NET framework package), ¿StarIsBack depend on any particular version of .NET framework package or other units?

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Same here, how resolve this?

Same for me too. Recent program list has vanished and is blank. This is quite serious problem. Have a look at my screenshot please and suggest a solution or upgrade program. I am on a fresh Windows 8.1 x64 computer. Tried to reinstall but same thing happened!

post-402212-0-21039600-1422915779_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...