Microsoft is releasing it's first major new build for the Windows 10 Technical Preview (Build 9860) today, and will push it out via Windows Update during the next few days (nights). Or it can be downloaded and installed manually via PC Settings > Update and Recovery > Preview Builds.  Microsoft says the download size will vary from 2 Gb to 2.7 Gb. I think I'm downloading it now, but there's no indicator of progress other than the spinning-circle-of-dots thingy. Oops, the circle-of-dots thingy just stopped spinning, and has been replaced by an "Install now" button. Wish me luck.

Edited by CompUser

Oh well, StartIsBack didn't work after installing the new build, so I was going to uninstall and reinstall it. Of course, it uninstalled with no problem, but the installation program won't run so I can't reinstall it. I've tried troubleshooting compatibility, telling it to run as Windows 8, but no go. I just can't get past the "This version of StartIsBack is not intended for this Windows version" error. (Even downloading a fresh copy of the installer didn't work like it did with the first build.)

hi Tihiy, 

how are you?

for when a new beta for windows 10?

i have one bug with lastest release:

9PNwrPP.jpg

any suggestions?

Keep the good work!!!

PS.: If you need help with translation to Portuguese of Portugal send me a PM.

hi Tihiy, 

how are you?

for when a new beta for windows 10?

i have one bug with lastest release:

any suggestions?

Keep the good work!!!

PS.: If you need help with translation to Portuguese of Portugal send me a PM.

There's also a bug when you have the option of the "Fly-out Menu" selected.

I have a question for anyone who is able to run StartIsBack on Windows Technical Preview Build 9860. How? I had it installed and (sort of) working on the first release, but when I try to install it on Build 9860, I can't get past the error "This version of StartIsBack is not intended for this Windows version". I've tried everything I can think of, with both versions 1.6.2 and 1.7 Beta, but it just won't install. Thanks.

OK, I tried again, and for some reason I can't figure out, it installed this time. However, there are three problems. First, I have no Shut Down button in the Start Menu. Second, I have no access to the Start Screen because none of the hot corners work, and none of the options for launching it in combination with the Windows key work either. Third, on the Start Menu, All Programs Menu, everything is sort of faded out and hard to read. Any help with these would be greatly appreciated, and sorry for the multiple posts.

• 3 weeks later...

StartIsBack +1.7 RC

What's new since beta:

- Pinned items are stored in Windows 10 compatible format

- Minor fixes for old quirks (like Windows Update wrong icon; start button opening start screen while Charms is open)

Need some feedback if conversion process goes smoothly for all.