has anyone got a solution to my issue? i've tried it several times, the start button keeps overlapping other items in the taskbar, even quick launch launch.

when windows loads it's in the right location and then it moves over like the button isn't there.

edit, duh, still had startisgone loaded, so it kept hiding the other button at login.

Edited by slarlac249

I having serious issues with SIB+. Whenever I hover over stuff like Control Panel or My PC, it locks up and crashes. Whenever I right click something in both SIB and Windows 8.1's Explorer, Explorer crashes. Help !

I having serious issues with SIB+. Whenever I hover over stuff like Control Panel or My PC, it locks up and crashes. Whenever I right click something in both SIB and Windows 8.1's Explorer, Explorer crashes. Help !

At first clean your windows, check that all the Windows files are in order.
If that does not help, then it is the only one that can help - clean installation.
Abd as I can see, You have Win 8.1x64, than You can refresh Your Windows without affecting Your files, settings and activation. It takes about hour to refresh + time to delete Windows.old + updates + reinstalling programs. 

Very interesting. Have you changed something already, Tihiy? I decided to download StartIsBack again using the link in your comment above, and then installing it from the newly downloaded installer.  I got an error that said "StartIsBack won't work well on Windows 10 yet!", clicked OK, and it not only installed, but it seems to work fine.

No good on Windows 10 :(

Define 'good'. Works here on x86

http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlus_setupBETA.exe

I updated my x64 8.1 VM to 10 and already had it installed but it didn't work, I could open the settings panel but no start menu.

OK just tested the version you posted and it is working on X64 pretty good, what have you noticed so far that doesn't work aside from some of the additional options for the charms bar and hot corners?

Edited by MrGRiM

Very interesting. Have you changed something already, Tihiy? I decided to download StartIsBack again using the link in your comment above, and then installing it from the newly downloaded installer.  I got an error that said "StartIsBack won't work well on Windows 10 yet!", clicked OK, and it not only installed, but it seems to work fine.

Maybe I jumped the gun a bit. My start menu has gone hybrid when using StartIsBack. The right column is a Windows 7 menu that appears just as it's customized to be in the StartIsBack settings, but the left column is Windows 10. And there's no start screen unless I tell Windows to use the start screen instead of the start menu, in which case there's no start menu. Plus, when I am using the start screen, I can't move it to an alternate monitor. So I guess the error message/warning about StartIsBack not working well on Windows 10 yet" is right. Oh well, it's very early and I didn't really expect StartIsBack to work anyway.

I'll keep it installed and play with it, though. See what happens.

I would like to ask for a little additional feature. Could you add options to automatically enable/disable taskbar and Start Menu translucency when computer runs on battery? Why I would like to have such feature? Let me explain. I'm using Aero Glass which turns off automatically when my laptop runs on battery. When it's plugged in I would like to keep translucency "disabled" to let Aero Glass to blur the taskbar and menu, but when on battery it would be nice to automatically switch to standard non-blur transparency. If you could add a feature like this I would appreciate it greatly.

So just disable transparency in StartIsBack and let AeroGlass handle it all.

Then when you unplug the start menu will also be solid.

On a seperate note I have noticed a couple of issues running the latest beta on Windows 10 Tech Preview.

The right click menu on the start button doesn't work and the app list font is all messed up.