Hi folks,

After upgrading the latest version I lost my activation and I can't activate for next 30 days according to the activation screen,

How do I bypass that?

What kind of license do you have? Check the website for information on releasing previous activations, or follow instructions I know I've seen for when you have to re-activate for any reason and it still shows as your license is being used.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.

So I'm guessing if I have to install Windows for any reason, I'm screwed?

Hi,

I found an ugly display bug in StartIsBack+ 1.6.2.

Description:

As long as the start menu has an item pinned on top (e.g. to the start page what is the default setting in StartIsBack), everything looks as it should when clicking the “All programs” button.

After removing the pinned item, an ugly display bug occurs when clicking the “All programs” button: The left column of the start menu contains a huge white gap at the bottom then.

I'm attaching 4 images to visualize this bug (compare image 2 and 4 to see the difference):

Image 1 and 2 show the start menu with a pinned item and the “All programs” column looking as it should:

Image 1: imgur.comimgur.com/ClBcQqF

Image 2: imgur.comimgur.com/cGbwDMY

Image 3 and 4 show the start menu without a pinned item and the “All programs” column with the display bug:

Image 3: imgur.comimgur.com/iSjgJz5

Image 4: imgur.comimgur.com/l8GEZML

As soon as I pin a random item to the start menu again, the display bug is gone. Changing the number of recent programs from 10 to 11 or 9 in order to increase or decrease the height of the start menu doesn't change anything.

Is there any chance you can fix this in your next release? I like StartIsBack a lot but this display bug looks really annoying. Thanks!

Edited by xlarge

hi everybody

sorry for the annoying question, but i do not understand why I have a blank gap at the bottom of the folder list, like this

15xslf7.jpg

is there any chance to have an aspect similar to the rocky's post above?

A90yQ32.jpg

I have tried to reinstall startisback...

what can I do? I have 7 recent programs pinned

thank you very much

Pointed out a long time ago, so it was not just me!

Edited by berlen

Hi Tihiy,

thanks for your quick reaction. Does that mean there won't be a fix for this issue?

Quick idea: The bottom gap always has the same height. With shortcut to the start screen enabled (2nd option in the start menu settings) the bottom margin of the all programs column is 4px (what seems to be correct), without this option it is exactly 19px.

A simple fix could be using margin-bottom: -15px in case the start screen shortcut in the settings is disabled. I'm pretty sure it isn't that simple but it's always the same height difference. 4px vs 19px. I really hope you can fix this issue since I prefer StartIsBack in total and don't want to switch back to Start8.

Thanks for reading my text :)

Is there a way to make user selection of the start icon launch the start screen instead of the start menu (just like the default operation of windows 8)?

I know the main point of StartIsBack+ is to add a start menu to the desktop, but I purchased it to add the taskbar to the start screen, which is an awesome feature.  The only problem is that now StartIsBack+ makes it trickier to get to the start screen.

Thanks!

Andrew

Edited by dombomb

Have a little problem with Startisback 1.6.2 for win 8.1u1. The size of sleep button on start menu is smaller then in original windows 7. Can somebody please explain how to change the size of sleep button on start menu in Startisback? It's not dependent on menu style.

Please see attached files.

Startisback sleep button

post-394444-0-57303900-1403121847.jpg

Windows 7 real sleep button in menu

post-394444-0-74852700-1403121870.jpg

Thank you!

elrombios,

The sizes of items on the SIB appearance styles come from msstyle files and they would have to be changed to reflect a larger size button.

You would need WindowsStyleBuilder to do this. Or a more complex way would be with a resource editor program.

elrombios,

The sizes of items on the SIB appearance styles come from msstyle files and they would have to be changed to reflect a larger size button.

You would need WindowsStyleBuilder to do this. Or a more complex way would be with a resource editor program.

Thank you for the information,

but i think it will be complicated because you need to know where to search for button images and how to change them. I found that this is not dependent on theme. I think it can be changes if we add some spaces in the word "Sleep", so a think the variable is "Sleep", but can be "   Sleep   ". And that's it. But i can't find or maybe don't know where to search for this variable?

Hi,

Just installed this and I'm so happy that such application exists. I know there are many start menu "replacements" but they never felt like the real thing, until StartIsBack. Kudos man!

Just a little bug report which is annoyng to me as I'm very picky. Don't even know if this is possible to fix in you end or if it's also something related to visual style. The context menu on the power/sleep/logoff/etc button feels a little bit off compared to all other system and StartIsBack context menus. Each item looks smaller and there's no padding around the items. Could this be fixed?

Also, I have a question about the license... I have sent a PM to @Tihiy about this but is that the right approach or should I just post it here?

Edited by Nazgulled

I don't know whether this is by design but whenever I installed some updates (which require restart) and then turned off my computer (Start menu -> Shut down), the updates won't be applied. And they will never be applied until I do a proper "restart" (once I got a notification that installed updates from weeks ago were still not applied).

If it is by design then can you implement some options (like "Shut down and apply updates", "Shut down without applying updates", etc.)?

Edited by quanzi1507

I don't know whether this is by design but whenever I installed some updates (which require restart) and then turned off my computer (Start menu -> Shut down), the updates won't be applied. And they will never be applied until I do a proper "restart" (once I got a notification that installed updates from weeks ago were still not applied).

If it is by design then can you implement some options (like "Shut down and apply updates", "Shut down without applying updates", etc.)?

I *think* that is Microsoft's doing although it's possible Tihiy might be able to find a workaround like you mentioned, if he has time.  I remember Windows when it had the old start menu would only apply the updates if you restarted, but not if you shut down.  There've been a few times when I've gotten an "Update and Shut Down" option, too, but it's not necessarily consistent.