Here's a WebM clip captured at 30fps of the hover (had to make the taskbar horizontal to get the capture window over it ). IIRC wasn't the effect part of a Windows update? Haven't seen any notices yet, but that could be it.

And saw the option in the Advanced section, turns out it's the same as the one in the Windows settings. I'm not concerned though, as I like the on/off hover state ;)

The new Spring 2014 Update / Update 1 brought the start button with the shine affect. I don't know if SiB's shine effect depends on Update 1 being installed. I wouldn't think so.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.

Can you show us what this shine effect is supposed to look like?

I'm at work so I can't do too much right at the moment, but in this video just after 2:40 it does it.

Yep, that's precisely what I'm seeing, but of course without the accent color. I don't see that as a "shine", but hey.

Edited by TwoCables

Little trick to hide start button on taskbar when using StartIsBack. (Just for FUN) :P

1.Resize ANY Bitmap image file to 1x1.

2.COPY Resized Bitmap image file to C:\Program Files (x86)\StartIsBack\Orbs.

3.Open StartIsBack configuration / Appearance and Select Resized Bitmap image from start Orb bar and Apply.

Image:
http://s27.postimg.org/avqkfsxur/Hide_start_button_on_taskbar.jpg

NOTES:
The Resized Bitmap image file will be Transparent ON the start Orb bar.

You can select Start Menu from TOP LEFT, VERY END, of Taskbar.

Edited by ace2

Little trick to hide start button on taskbar when using StartIsBack. (Just for FUN) :P

3.Open StartIsBack configuration / Appearance and Select Resized Bitmap image from start Orb bar and Apply.

Image:

NOTES:

Nice! Neat! :)

LOL

Then, challenge someone to sit at your computer and find your 1-pixel Start Menu button. They get an internet cookie if they can open your Start Menu with the mouse.

Edited by TwoCables

Image:

NOTES:

Would not be much of a challenge, now info on how to is Posted. :w00t:

You could use Windows key (FLAG KEY) on your KEYBOARD as well. :whistle:

Edited by ace2

Yeah, but you could impress the girls by your magic invisible Start Menu button.

It didn't work for Microsoft, but it may work for YOU, for me its just for FUN. ;)

Edited by ace2

Yeah, but you could impress the girls by your magic invisible Start Menu button.

It didn't work for Microsoft, but it may work for YOU, for me its just for FUN. ;)

Well, I don't have to worry about it. I'm a drummer and drummers get all the girls. :P

Anyway, I KNOW THAT IT WAS JUST FOR FUN. I'm not stupid. LOL Did you think that I didn't know that? lol! I mean, it's obvious! I'm actually insulted that you felt like you had to tell me.

Edited by TwoCables

Remember several months ago when it turned out there was a menu display delay issue because of various icon caches? I'm seeing a similar effect (again, only sometimes) seemingly since upgrading to Update 1 and 1.6. Like before, I think the way it happens mostly is when the menu hasn't been used in a while. I have no idea if it's the same cause, but the effect, at least, is very similar.

Remember several months ago when it turned out there was a menu display delay issue because of various icon caches? I'm seeing a similar effect (again, only sometimes) seemingly since upgrading to Update 1 and 1.6. Like before, I think the way it happens mostly is when the menu hasn't been used in a while. I have no idea if it's the same cause, but the effect, at least, is very similar.

You mean when you open the start menu and it only displays half or so of the programs and there is a delay to show the full list? If so, I that happens to me constantly.

You mean when you open the start menu and it only displays half or so of the programs and there is a delay to show the full list? If so, I that happens to me constantly.

No, the whole menu. There's a pause (sometimes) before it displays.

@Tihiy

So...you haven't really commented on if you plan to continue SIB if/when Microsoft releases their "new" Start Menu. I was wondering if you plan to continue developing this even after they make their attempt? Have you seen any of the new code for the supposed new Start Menu they say they are going to release in that this would still be a viable option? I'm sure there are many of us who would definitely still choose SIB over the "Modern Start Menu" look. :) I for one would definitely still support this to continue.

@Tihiy 

So...you haven't really commented on if you plan to continue SIB if/when Microsoft releases their "new" Start Menu.  I was wondering if you plan to continue developing this even after they make their attempt?  Have you seen any of the new code for the supposed new Start Menu they say they are going to release in that this would still be a viable option?  I'm sure there are many of us who would definitely still choose SIB over the "Modern Start Menu" look. :)  I for one would definitely still support this to continue.

Actually he did comment when someone brought it up a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.

@Tihiy

So...you haven't really commented on if you plan to continue SIB if/when Microsoft releases their "new" Start Menu. I was wondering if you plan to continue developing this even after they make their attempt? Have you seen any of the new code for the supposed new Start Menu they say they are going to release in that this would still be a viable option? I'm sure there are many of us who would definitely still choose SIB over the "Modern Start Menu" look. :) I for one would definitely still support this to continue.

StartIsBack will live as long as it's feasible.

Hey, first thanks for this awesome tool.

Since the upgrade to 1.6 (and the win 8.1 spring update of course) it seems to have problems disable the snap feature (the one on the top of the screen) even though its disabled I can use the snap feature after a reboot and have to enable and disable it again in SiB.

Is there a way to fix it?