What about add a fonction to see folder as a jumplist like Start8 ?

I don't know if many people use Jumplists, but it's a great function with a start menu. I use JumFolder to do it, bu't it's not built-in :)

Regards

So just installed v1.6, and I can't even see the effect. So much for my concern :D

However one problem is the default Start icon seems to have some extra space to the left of it now, which it didn't have in 1.5.2. I only am aware of this because I use a narrow taskbar, see the following images:

sib-iconcomparisonw5pw3.png

If there was a way to fix the minor extra spacing it would be very much appreciated, as everything else is perfect.

Edited by Specular

So just installed v1.6, and I can't even see the effect. So much for my concern :D

Do you have animation turned off in SiB's options?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.

I don't see any animation option in SIB, but I do have animations turned off for the 'Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows' control panel settings. Perhaps that's it, as I only notice a very light flicker sometimes but not shine or animation.

I don't see any animation option in SIB, but I do have animations turned off for the 'Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows' control panel settings. Perhaps that's it, as I only notice a very light flicker sometimes but not shine or animation.

In the Advanced section of SiB's options.

I think you're seeing the intended effect. It's not a flicker, but like how some logos will shine from left to right. Do you know what I'm talking about? The Start Menu button has that left-to-right type of effect, only I wouldn't call it a "shine" effect.

Here's a WebM clip captured at 30fps of the hover (had to make the taskbar horizontal to get the capture window over it ). IIRC wasn't the effect part of a Windows update? Haven't seen any notices yet, but that could be it.

And saw the option in the Advanced section, turns out it's the same as the one in the Windows settings. I'm not concerned though, as I like the on/off hover state ;)

Here's a WebM clip captured at 30fps of the hover (had to make the taskbar horizontal to get the capture window over it ). IIRC wasn't the effect part of a Windows update? Haven't seen any notices yet, but that could be it.

And saw the option in the Advanced section, turns out it's the same as the one in the Windows settings. I'm not concerned though, as I like the on/off hover state ;)

The new Spring 2014 Update / Update 1 brought the start button with the shine affect. I don't know if SiB's shine effect depends on Update 1 being installed. I wouldn't think so.

The new Spring 2014 Update / Update 1 brought the start button with the shine affect. I don't know if SiB's shine effect depends on Update 1 being installed. I wouldn't think so.

Can you show us what this shine effect is supposed to look like?

Can you show us what this shine effect is supposed to look like?

I'm at work so I can't do too much right at the moment, but in this video just after 2:40 it does it.

Edited by roirraWedorehT