If this is going to be microsoft new start menu for windows 8.1 it looks sh-t, and made for metro Apps and NOT Desktop, StartIsBack will be around for a very very long time if this is the best microsoft can offer.

Generally, I'm excited (and pissed a bit ofc). There are a lot of stuff @BUILD which makes MS look better.

Not sure if 8.1.2 start menu will mean StartIsBack++, StartIsBack-, or nothing at all, but we have to accept change.

If you have ideas for my mad skills your feedback is welcome.

Generally, I'm excited (and p***ed a bit ofc). There are a lot of stuff @BUILD which makes MS look better.

Not sure if 8.1.2 start menu will mean StartIsBack++, StartIsBack-, or nothing at all, but we have to accept change.

As mentioned by others, I doubt if MS's new Start Menu would have all of the same features as yours, and some people might still prefer StartIsBack+/++/- over the native Start menu just because it would look more familiar to them.

Generally, I'm excited (and p***ed a bit ofc). There are a lot of stuff @BUILD which makes MS look better.

As mentioned by others, I doubt if MS's new Start Menu would have all of the same features as yours, and some people might still prefer StartIsBack+/++/- over the native Start menu just because it would look more familiar to them.

There's no start menu in Windows 8.1 Update. Here's a quote from a Redmond Magazine newsletter yesterday: "... on stage during Microsoft's Build developer conference in San Francisco, (Joe) Belfiore explained that Microsoft will bring back a new Start Screen with the Windows 8.1 Update, which had been a longtime complaint by Windows 8 users. The new Start Screen (there's no Start Menu) was briefly shown ..."

If that's how the new start menu will look then I think I will stick with SIB+, I have learned to like the best of both worlds, the modern interface and programs have their place and can be fun, but at the end of the day when there is real work to be done you want to remove it from view and use a real desktop experience that only SIB can provide, this mix of live tiles on the start menu looks terrible and cluttered and the idea of windowed modern apps seems to just defeat the purpose of the original goal to have a fully immersive experience, personally I was really starting enjoy 8.1 just as it is with aero glass, SIB and OldNewExplorer, for me this was the best we were ever going to get from windows 8.

Tihiy can you make StartIsBack work with clear glass / glass themes (have the same look), or make a theme for StartIsBack which is clear glass / glass, as i am unable to use StartIsBack with my themes, they just don't look right, and can you add blur settings (button) to StartIsBack.

Thanks ace2. :crazy:

Like THIS Clear Glass / Glass:

http://s27.postimg.org/5kdogsow3/Pic.jpg

NOTES:

This Start Menu is Built into AeroVG Ei8ht.1ne Theme for Windows 8.1, AS you can SEE its a mess, NOT Because of StartIsBack, But Because of who ever made the theme.

Edited by ace2