Your display settings are just a little bit wrong. Seems, that the screen is rotated 90 degrees to the left or do you have set the location of the taskbar on the right side of the screen. Put it to default settings and then shifted to the other things to the normal place.

@Aloha, after you change it, restart the explorer.

Um... both restarting the explorer and restarting Windows doesn't work for me. It is still the same default icon. Can you change it, Rocky?

I found something interesting, I think :lol:
@Aloha, about changing Start Screen icon, after fresh install of SIB+, I couldn't get it working immediately, even after restart the explorer.
But then I tried to hide Start Screen shortcut first then display it again, and then tried to change the icon, restart the explorer.
yeah, it works :D

yLgrXfG.jpg

@Aloha, you can try this. :)

Edited by rocky

It's not 'my way or highway' but having two start buttons in same corner is stupid.

Fitt's law exists for purpose. However, I'm thinking about temporary allowing bottom-left screen corner when Shift / Ctrl is held down.

for me it's not stupid. is ok. why temporary allowing bottom-left screen corner when Shift / Ctrl is held down?forever :)

if you can add some themes windows 7 style but to be clear,not shadowless.

I put some pictures taken after the internet that I liked the visual style.

Edited by stelian88

Thanks Rocky, it works now. But I won't change the icon very often because I don't like to restart the explorer at all.

I notice that there is a small icon on your Shut down button! What visual style of SIB are you using?

Rocky,

I am using SIB+ 1.5, applying Plain8 but see no icon on the Shut down button! And why Windows update is mentioned here?
Sorry if you find me annoying! I just can't stand when we installed the same version but it looks different on your computer.
Edit: Now I remember I used to have the same problem as the one PandaX posted. The icons on Start Menu were messed up and it looked really funny! It happened long ago with SIB for W8. Never have this problem with SIB+ on W8.1 though.
Edited by Aloha

@Aloha, when we run windows update and restart is required, that icon will be appeared on start menu. I don't what to say, maybe it's like a sign that windows will apply the updates before completely shut down.

don't worry, feel free to ask :)

Edited by rocky

@Aloha, yeah, that's what I mean. When that icon appeared, if we pressed shut down button, windows would apply the updates first and then shut down. Nothing special about that actually, that's normal :)

hi I upgraded to startisback+ 1.5 and now whenever I start my PC this is what I see (see attached). As soon as I click the start button it goes away but it is rather annoying *EVERY* time I start my pc I get this. also the issue of the taskbar jumping off the bottom of the screen is still not solved for me (the last issue I posted about)

regards

post-179832-0-12748000-1387856577_thumb.