I don't ever use the user picture, but does the frame read from the msstyles?

Yes, it reads 32-bit PARGB BITMAPs, not msstyles parts.

I'm confused, you say yes then say not msstyles parts.

Yes it is in the msstyles, you need to open the msstyles with Restorator and add the bitmap images after you save it with WSB, if you save it again in WSB the bitmaps are removed again, the bitmap images are named as they are in explorer.exe, would be better if the userframes could be added to the msstyles part Vista Legacy > Start Menu > Basic > UserPicture and use that instead.

Help!

This was working fine for me, until the last update, now when I try to install it (yes, I uninstalled the old one, and I'm installing it with Admin rights) I get a blue screen with nothing on it, and I have to force a restart (cntrl-alt-delete, log off).

Nothing installs, no error messages.

Running Windows 8.1 X64

Ok..figured it out...seems my SuperAntiSpyware was causing the issue. All fixed.

Edited by Ketoryp

Yes it is in the msstyles, you need to open the msstyles with Restorator and add the bitmap images after you save it with WSB, if you save it again in WSB the bitmaps are removed again, the bitmap images are named as they are in explorer.exe, would be better if the userframes could be added to the msstyles part Vista Legacy > Start Menu > Basic > UserPicture and use that instead.

I was going to suggest that it used Vista Beta's frame that still exists in that location if it didn't. Otherwise I could modify WSB to not remove the frame on save. Alternatively look for an image in: Start Menu > Panels > Basic > Places List > Panels > User Pane which would be the equivalent location to that old Vista property.

Also, is there a way to purchase SIB+ as a gift for someone else?

Edited by PandaX

I was going to suggest that it used Vista Beta's frame that still exists in that location if it didn't. Otherwise I could modify WSB to not remove the frame on save. Alternatively look for an image in: Start Menu > Panels > Basic > Places List > Panels > User Pane which would be the equivalent location to that old Vista property.

I think it would be great if you could just use a png in the user pane location, 32 bit bitmaps are a pain in the a** tbh but it's up to Tihiy what location he uses, if not then yeah if WSB could keep them there when testing or saving, especially for complete themes, that would be nice too.

You do this if you pay via gumroad (direct card payment) link. Better write me an email and i'll gift whoever you ask.

@Tihiy I was wrong, the blank screen issue is still there, moving IE temp folder (log out) removes the lockscreen image +3 sec black screen -> slow login screen, then uninstalling SIB+ 1.5 results in a blank screen, F8 safe mode option "bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy" also blank screen, both laptops (2 liscences) running Nvidia cards (Kepler GTX 680M/780M) 120Hz screens. SIB+ installed (moved IE temp folder -> no lockscreen) restoring windows default theme and uninstalling uxstyle -> blank screen.

Uxstyle installed (No SIB+) moving IE temp folder -> normal boot.

- Moving IE temp folder -> log out.

- SIB+ Uxstyle conflict.

- SIB+/Nvidia drivers.

Nvidia fixed the blank screen bug /3D Vision laptops with driver v326.01 no problems ever since, current v331.93.

UxStyle v0.2.3.0 theme installed (Stealth) http://nighthawk-f22.deviantart.com/art/Windows-8-1-RTM-Dark-Aero-409206911

Thanks.

Edited by fex

@Tihiy I was wrong, the blank screen issue is still there, moving IE temp folder (log out) removes the lockscreen image +3 sec black screen -> slow login screen, then uninstalling SIB+ 1.5 results in a blank screen, F8 safe mode option "bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy" also blank screen, both laptops (2 liscences) running Nvidia cards (Kepler GTX 680M/780M) 120Hz screens. SIB+ installed (moved IE temp folder -> no lockscreen) restoring windows default theme and uninstalling uxstyle -> blank screen.

Uxstyle installed (No SIB+) moving IE temp folder -> normal boot.

- Moving IE temp folder -> log out.

- SIB+ Uxstyle conflict.

- SIB+/Nvidia drivers.

Nvidia fixed the blank screen bug /3D Vision laptops with driver v326.01 no problems ever since, current v331.93.

UxStyle v0.2.3.0 theme installed (Stealth) http://nighthawk-f22.deviantart.com/art/Windows-8-1-RTM-Dark-Aero-409206911

Thanks.

You might want to check HKU\DEFAULT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ThemeManager DllName is set to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Aero\Aero.msstyles. This key isn't always updated properly and can cause the black screen on boot after uninstalling a uxtheme patch.

Why I cannot change the icon of Start screen on Start Menu? Actually, it lets me change and apply a different icon but it is still the old one displaying on Start Menu.

See that PandaX can change it though!

Edit: uh oh... it seems to be a bug screenshot he posted, not that he could change it!

Edited by Aloha

I have upgraded my startisback to version 1.5, but prefer version 1.4 but forgot to back it up ... is there somewhere that I can download it... cant seem to find any other versions but the latest on the site

Previous version is here:

http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlus_setup105.exe

What is the problem with 1.5, is it bottom-left screen corner?