for me it doesn't work. I haven't tested it with the latest version, I'll try it again later

It's not SIB feature, it's 8.1 feature

yes, but it is limited. The Startscren opens first on the main monitor and I have to move it to the second screen. Also when I accidental reach the side of the monitor, the Window hide the start screen again. I want to have that I can't move a Window to the 2nd screen, this should only show the Startscreen and nothing else. Is this possible with your DLL?

When I try to update StartIsBack+ on one of my Server 2012 R2s, I get the message "This version of StartIsBack is not intended for this Windows version." (it updated fine on the other server).

Could that be that you don't have WOW64 layer or not full GUI install?

+1.5.0 BETA 0

To the exciting beta world!

http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlus_setupBETA.exe

- StartIsBack now can change color and opacity level of BOTH start menu and taskbar. Opacity is set to 80% by default, up from ~50% default 8.1 opacity.

New transparency should work better on Server 2012 R2 and Aero Glass.

Other changes:

- Choosing properties on open start menu jumplist invokes jumplist properties
- Arrow is on the right of All Programs button if XP style is on
- Improved UI responsiveness a bit

Please provide your feedback on how you like new Appearance tab.

Test tip: hold Shift when changing opacity or color to change them for start menu and taskbar at the same time.

Edited by Tihiy

+1.5.0 BETA 0

Got

An Exception of type EJwsclPrivilegeException was raised.

(Data was given by programmer and can vary from actual source.)

Source method....: JwEnablePrivilege

Source class.....: (global)

Source file......: JwsclToken.pas

Source line......: 0

Message : Privilege SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege is not available.

during install on my Windows 8.1 box. Should the opacity sliders be disabled in High Contrast mode?

thanks Tihiy, new changes are great :)

if I choose 'use opaque taskbar and start menu', color and slider back to normal

if I enable opaque from qroup policy, it can disable transculency without changing back color and slider

Edited by rocky

Did somebody say beta? Acme computers would like to send you a poor uninsured slave intern for no extra cost. Computer explosions and testicular implosions are not covered.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Should the opacity sliders be disabled in High Contrast mode?

Yeah.

thanks Tihiy, new changes are great :)

if I choose 'use opaque taskbar and start menu', color and slider back to normal

if I enable opaque from qroup policy, it can disable transculency without changing back color and slider

This checkbox is better named 'Use default color and disable traslucency'. That group policy will be updated with color and opacity values.

nice but I guess you still need to separate the option between taskbar and start menu

I found an option, once again from group policy to hide 'Start Apps' menu from All Programs. I wish you could add this option to properties :)

Great idea with the opacity slider Tihiy. Always nice to have choice. May I request you add a "Reset to default" button as well? Like the one in the Start Menu tab.

Default is all checkboxes unchecked.