SIB+ finally made me switch to Windows 8.1. Thanks for this wonderful program.

Anyways, I was wondering if it would be possible to keep the default start button that comes with 8.1, the one with the little animation?

Anyways, I was wondering if it would be possible to keep the default start button that comes with 8.1, the one with the little animation?

No, but new button can be improved.

Is there multi start menu support (i.e. start menu can be opened on multiple monitors)?

Yes, although multi-mon configuration need to be vastly improved.

Plain windows 8.1 not tweaks n hacks.

There will be optimizations for responsiveness, SIB does some things in UI thread which it shouldn't.

I thought I better let you know of a serious perf problem. Maybe you can let me know if it's just my machine, hopefully so for you!

Short story is disabling taskbar transparency SERIOUSLY impacts windowed game performance. Specifically for me Deus Ex HR.

I got some serious frame rate issues recently playing this and luckily I remembered what I recently changed! I went through a few things and remembered that I also disabled transparency with StartIsBack+, sure enough when I enabled transparency again my FPS shot back up. I've tested this a few times and it does it every time.

My specs: Windows 8.1 Pro x64, AMD Phenom II X4 965BE, 6GB DDR2-800 RAM, Sapphire 7850 2GB OC (factory OC'd edition, not my own), running latest 13.9 drivers for Catalyst.

Also this happens with both 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 of SIB+.

If you need any more info let me know.

Edited by Jamster

Aaaaand, now I can't reproduce it, I could do it every **** time earlier but now, nope, must be another application that causes it too and that somehow triggers it with the transparency switch. I'll let you know if I find out what it is.

Edited by Jamster

AMD drivers later than 13.4 have had mouse pointer flicker and lag issues with some applications. I was hit badly with Catalyst 13.9 and Quicken and I've seen someone complaining of visual problems with the Eset AV console using 13.9 too. Reverting to Catalyst 13.4 fixed it for me, although AMD suggest its been fixed in the latest beta drivers post 13.11 beta 3.

There's also an MS patch for mouse lag and flicker on certain games with Win 8.1, due to be circulated on tomorrows updates I believe - KB2908279

I have a feature request. Can you modifiy the startscreen so that it is shown all the time on a secondary monitor? I would be nice to have a screen only to see the live tiles while working productive on the desktop.

The 2nd request, goes to a new tool/DLL, but I ask you here. Can you code a new fix to change the scroll direction in the startscreen and while using the apps? I hate that it scrolls from left to right. I should scroll from top to bottom.

I have a feature request. Can you modifiy the startscreen so that it is shown all the time on a secondary monitor? I would be nice to have a screen only to see the live tiles while working productive on the desktop.

But it's already not hiding on secondary monitor when you working on primary in desktop. Which scenario you have in mind?

The 2nd request, goes to a new tool/DLL, but I ask you here. Can you code a new fix to change the scroll direction in the startscreen and while using the apps? I hate that it scrolls from left to right. I should scroll from top to bottom.

If only it was easily possible. Underlying grid does not support vertical scrolling at all. It would be easier to reimplement start screen from scratch.

Edited by Tihiy

Is there multi start menu support (i.e. start menu can be opened on multiple monitors)?

Yes, although multi-mon configuration need to be vastly improved.

Where's the option to do this? I can't seem to find the option to enable start menu on my secondary monitor :(

Thanks

Where's the option to do this? I can't seem to find the option to enable start menu on my secondary monitor :(

Thanks

It's enabled by default unless you check 'Enable all edges on secondary monitors'. Note we're talking about SIB+.

Thanks

It's enabled by default unless you check 'Enable all edges on secondary monitors'. Note we're talking about SIB+.

Ahhhh thanks! I'm so stupid, spend at least an hour playing around with the settings and didn't realise that :(

But it's already not hiding on secondary monitor when you working on primary in desktop. Which scenario you have in mind?

for me it doesn't work. I haven't tested it with the latest version, I'll try it again later.

If only it was easily possible. Underlying grid does not support vertical scrolling at all. It would be easier to reimplement start screen from scratch.

ok, sad to hear this, so I'll never use those apps. I always get a headache because of the ugly scrolling.

for me it doesn't work. I haven't tested it with the latest version, I'll try it again later

It's not SIB feature, it's 8.1 feature.

hi Tihiy!why my SIB+ doesn't autoupdate??

I remember I get a update notification with SIB for W8, but nothing with SIB+ :(

SIB+ checks updates less often, you may run UpdateCheck.exe yourself or add it into Task Scheduler to run more often.