From version 1.0.2 I have updating issues. I had installed SiB+ for actual user only and when I try to updat it, I got message with blocking DLL file. So I uninstall it completly. Then install for all users. Now when I updating, installer wants to restart computer (why?) after that nothing is changed and I have still previous version. What happend here? With no plus version I never had such issues.

I'm afraid you ran into 'uninstall folder ACL issue' bug. To fix that, use tool like TakeOwnershipEx to allow access on files in folder where SIB is installed; or uninstall and install SIB into another folder.

it might be small issue but then I wanna ask something, is the group policy template compatible for both, SIB and SIB+?

Yes it is, although SIB+ defaults to Plain8 skin and Windows 8 default button. If you specify 'Windows 7.msstyles' and 'win7_54.bmp' both SIB & SIB+ will use Windows 7 style and button.

While installing SiB+ 1.0.5, I got the following exception:

---------------------------

StartIsBack

An Exception of type EJwsclPrivilegeException was raised.

(Data was given by programmer and can vary from actual source.)

Source method....: JwEnablePrivilege

Source class.....: (global)

Source file......: JwsclToken.pas

Source line......: 0

Message : Privilege SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege is not available.

V redu

Tihiy,

What about my problem? I downloaded SIB+ from here:

I run it and and have this:
I try uninstalling the old version but it is the same. Wondering where Rocky could get this 1.0.5.

Not sure, it's new on server. Try cleaning temp folder.

While installing SiB+ 1.0.5, I got the following exception:

StartIsBack

An Exception of type EJwsclPrivilegeException was raised.

(Data was given by programmer and can vary from actual source.)

Source method....: JwEnablePrivilege

Source class.....: (global)

Source file......: JwsclToken.pas

Source line......: 0

Message : Privilege SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege is not available.

V redu

Huh. Do you install for you or all users?

Hell! Everyone can get 1.0.5, but I cannot. Never think I could have this silly problem. I've run Disk cleanup twice, also used Uncleaner but it still doesn't help. I've been downloading it with IE, Maxthon, and then Firefox for more than 10 times but what I got is always 1.0.4!

Tihiy, can you upload it onto this forum so that I can get it here now? Thanks in advance!

Tihiy,

Thanks for the link. I click on it but it seems not to download at all. Do I need to create an account there to get it?

I am using Maxthon. Tried to copy the link into IE but it doesn't work either.

Hi ever since you removed the dependency from the explorer core(or whatever) to pull out the real start menu and actually made it as a real standalone application, it have noticed that the start menu when clicking are hanging "A LOT"... Sometimes friends and i that i know need to press at least twice before it opens the start menu(it kinda locks up and shows the button is pressed in, and just sits there until you press it again 2-3 times) its REALLY annoying. Hope others have noticed that too, anyways off to bed ;)

Uh oh... glad that SIB on my computer is just fine. Now I am afraid the only problem here is that I cannot download the new setup from StartIsBack.com any more! Don't know and don't remember what I have changed in the PC settings so it caused such an odd issue.

Tihiy,

Can you name any coming version like the one you posted yesterday, StartIsBackPlus_setup105, StartIsBackPlus_setup106, etc? Maybe it will help to solve my problem. Thanks for your reply.

Wazer,

Do you use any other themes or just the default of Windows? I guess a customed theme may affect SIB in some way.

(Edit: spelling)

Edited by Aloha

Uh oh... glad that SIB on my computer is just fine. Now I am afraid the only problem here is that I cannot download the new setup from StartIsBack.com any more! Don't know and don't remember what I has changed in the PC settings so it caused such an odd issue.
Tihiy,
Can you name any coming version like the one you posted yesterday, StartIsBackPlus_setup105, StartIsBackPlus_setup106, etc? Maybe it will help to solve my problem. Thanks for your reply.
Wazer,
Do you use any other themes or just the default of Windows? I guess a customed theme may effect SIB in some way.

Plain windows 8.1 not tweaks n hacks.