Links on the right side of the start menu seems to be hardcoded to use exporer. Could you change it to use the default file manager instead?

It works great when it's a menu; when I open "This PC" -> "C:" it opens in Directory Opus correctly.

They're not really file system paths. I could try to change this though.

this still doesn't work. I always go to the desktop.

Can you please explain a scenario when they don't work.

Tihiy you are able to get Transluceny in Start Menu (Styles Aero 8 StartIsBackPlus), do you think you could get/make the same Transluceny in Title bars ?

Do you mean remove the background behind the address/search bar in explorer like it was in the consumer preview and Windows 7, yeah that would be great, maybe this is something to add the Explorer improvement program he is going to start work on. :w00t:

Tihiy you are able to get Transluceny in Start Menu (Styles Aero 8 StartIsBackPlus), do you think you could get/make the same Transluceny in Title bars ?

Do you mean remove the background behind the address/search bar in explorer like it was in the consumer preview and Windows 7, yeah that would be great, maybe this is something to add the Explorer improvement program he is going to start work on. :w00t:

I was think make the Title bars Transluceny like the Taskbar in Windows 8.1. :thumbup

Unlikely - Tihiy is in full control of Start Menu drawing, but that doesn't mean he can control other windows.

Is there a way I can disable SIB momentarily without uninstalling it? Doing some tests in WSB and it would come in helpful so I can use an 8.1 theme instead of SIB's 8 theme compatibility.

There is, In the Advanced tab all the way in the bottom it says: Disable StartIsBack

Wow I looked in there right before I posted but apparently missed it, thanks :)

+1.0.4RC
It's over when I say it's over

http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlus_setupRC.exe

- Flat flyout menus are used for flat styles

- Search shortcut is no longer shown in All Programs menu
- Better Modern UI icons in high contrast white mode
- Tap & hold-ing shut down button on touch screen shuts down without 'slide to shutdown'
- Program updates are also may be checked when you unlock your session
- StartIsBackCFG and StartScreen executables are added into App Paths
- Fixed: start button and user picture may be missing when video driver crashes (CloverTrail)
- Fixed: can't remove pinned shortcuts of deleted games
- Fixed: programs can't be dragged into start menu from XP styled All programs
- Fixed: start button did not close start menu on touchscreen

MagicAndre1981, please retest your metro-closing issue.

Edited by Tihiy

"Flat flyout menus are used for flat styles"

The arrow stays black when I select a menu from all programs (I don't know how it should work) and on Windows 7 style, all programs still looks flats, I hope it could apply the same style (on default style) :)

Edited by rocky

"Flat flyout menus are used for flat styles"

The arrow stays black when I select a menu from all programs (I don't know how it should work) and on Windows 7 style, all programs still looks flats, I hope it could apply the same style (on default style) :)

That shouldn't be the case for Win7 style. Can you check what AlterStyle value in HKCU\SOFTWARE\StartIsBack is?

That shouldn't be the case for Win7 style. Can you check what AlterStyle value in HKCU\SOFTWARE\StartIsBack is?

AlterStyle value for Win7 Style : "C:\Program Files\StartIsBack\Styles\Windows 7.msstyles"

edit:

I was talking about this

A90yQ32.jpg

Edited by rocky

hi everybody
sorry for the annoying question, but i do not understand why I have a blank gap at the bottom of the folder list, like this
15xslf7.jpg
is there any chance to have an aspect similar to the rocky's post above?

A90yQ32.jpg
I have tried to reinstall startisback...
what can I do? I have 7 recent programs pinned
thank you very much

Hello,

search function doesn't work for me. It worked well with startisback for windows 8, but now it shows poor results (if any), while searching in explorer quickly provides fast and correct results.

this is what I get: http://imageshack.com/a/img201/6359/4qdt.jpg

And these are the results I should get (it's what I obtain after clicking on ""show more results): http://imageshack.com/a/img833/3923/zdlt.jpg

I tried both Startisback+ 1.0.3 and 1.0.4rc.

I also tried reinstalling StartIsBack+ and rebuilding the index, but still didn't solve the issue.

Can you help me?