Tihiy

I downloaded the "RC" and the startmenu now shows up but it is in the bottom left corner of the left screen and not where the start button is (centre screen) as per NVidia setting. refer jpg. Also I have noticed some times the taskbar just reverts back to all three screens without changing the option in NVidia control panel. and it still makes the taskbar jump off the bottom of the screen

post-179832-0-11372900-1382587069_thumb.

Tihiy,

Yesterday evening I was unable to register StartIsBack+ with my registration key. It said it was unable to contact the server. I even tried the through the web browser method but it was unable to connect. I don't have Windows Firewall enabled so there's nothing really to stop it from connecting. Are you experiencing any server problems at present?

This is on Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit.

Thank you.

Bob

P.S.

Never mind. I was able to activate it just now.

Edited by bjgood

StartIsBack +1.0.3

Fixed: return to last used environment didn't work properly in some configurations
Fixed: start menu issues with some multi-mon configurations
Fixed: high contrast theme became transparent
Fixed: wallpaper on start screen could shift when you reselect it

I hope we're done with 1.0.x releases.

Hi Tihiy,

The default start button does not look well when the taskbar is to the left or right, rather than top or bottom:

juwj1x.jpg

Is it not possible to make the start image wider and then just center and crop to the appropriate size according to taskbar width?

Thanks

The problem with "Display folders before items" has been fixed. As for the position of the user picture, I've decided to change the sizing option to 125% in display so that it can appear in the right place. Thanks for making this new version.

-------------------

Pottzman,
The two choices "Don't display" and "Menu" for Administrative Tools work fine for me here.

Is there a way I can disable SIB momentarily without uninstalling it? Doing some tests in WSB and it would come in helpful so I can use an 8.1 theme instead of SIB's 8 theme compatibility.

Is there a way I can disable SIB momentarily without uninstalling it? Doing some tests in WSB and it would come in helpful so I can use an 8.1 theme instead of SIB's 8 theme compatibility.

There is, In the Advanced tab all the way in the bottom it says: Disable StartIsBack

Links on the right side of the start menu seems to be hardcoded to use exporer. Could you change it to use the default file manager instead?

It works great when it's a menu; when I open "This PC" -> "C:" it opens in Directory Opus correctly.

Thanks