Hmm... The folders and items on All Programs will display properly if I stick in "Sort items by name" and "Display folders before items" simultaneously.

Why both options have to be chosen at the same time so that it can work fine?

Hmm... The folders and items on All Programs will display properly if I stick in "Sort items by name" and "Display folders before items" simultaneously.

Why both options have to be chosen at the same time so that it can work fine?

Because when you uncheck 'Sort items by name' and change item order that order is remembered. Maybe it should be deleted when you recheck it.

Hi,

I am using startisback+ 1.0.2 on windows 8.1 pro WMC x64. I have 3 monitors running in surround mode. The latest NVidia driver has an option to "confine taskbar to center display" which I want to use......unfortunately when I use this option the startisback+ startmenu does not show up when I click the orb. when NVidia "centering" option is not selected and the taskbar is stretched across the bottom of my three monitors the start menu works fine. don't know whats going on here because on windows 8 with startisback 2.1.2 there was no problem. Can this be fixed at all?

thankyou

I have 3 monitors running in surround mode. The latest NVidia driver has an option to "confine taskbar to center display" which I want to use......unfortunately when I use this option the startisback+ startmenu does not show up when I click the orb. when NVidia "centering" option is not selected and the taskbar is stretched across the bottom of my three monitors the start menu works fine. don't know whats going on here because on windows 8 with startisback 2.1.2 there was no problem. Can this be fixed at all?

Interesting. How broken start button becomes? Is it detached from taskbar if you move it around? Does Win key still works?

here is a screen shot of what it does when I click the start button

Ehm, why taskbar is not on the bottom? Or it is three monitors vertically? Can you post full screenshot?

here is a screen shot of what it does when I click the start button

Could also be that new NVIDIA 331.58 driver, I have been reading the comments over there and lots of people are having problems with it, that's why I am sticking with my old trusted 314.22 the last driver that doesn't cause problems for my GTX580.

I did see mention from a few others using 3 monitors also having various problems, not saying this is your problem though but maybe rolling back to another driver may be the first best step.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/624802/geforce-drivers/official-nvidia-331-58-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-10-21-13-/1

Tihiy, my taskbar is at the very bottom of the screen but when I click the start button it jumps up to where it is in the screen shot and the start menu looks as if it is trying to display underneath the desktop wallpaper

Tihiy, my taskbar is at the very bottom of the screen but when I click the start button it jumps up to where it is in the screen shot and the start menu looks as if it is trying to display underneath the desktop wallpaper

So it's NVIDIA surround the evil thing that makes windows jump.

try updated build http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlus_setupRC.exe

Tihiy,

Great job with StartIsBack -- it makes Windows 8 usable for me.

Two quick quesitons about the new Plus version for Windows 8.1.

1) Is it possible to remove the Start Apps folder (containing all the Metro/Modern apps) from the All Programs list? I tried right-clicking to delete the folder, but the delete option doesn't appear to exist.

2) Is it possible to move the Search application (at the top of the All Programs list) to a different folder in All Programs? I tried this, but I received a warning message about a possible loss of functionality if I moved this application, so I didn't do it. Just want to make sure this is okay and I'm not breaking my system in some way.

Thanks again for your hard work.