Well. it blends with charms bar and not looking bad at all with animations - it would make SIB more native in a way.

I agree. Since windows 8.1 has a start button it would be nice to have the option to use it with startisback. I think many users would like that option.

@Madnikos: My guess also.

Can someone give me an info if "Update and restart" and "Update and shutdown" are implemented? Also, a full shutdown option would be nice - maybe with Shift pressed, like in Classic Shell?

Another sugesstion - I think that selection change on jumplist is not clear enough - when you swap, both items remain selected - like this:

xkCVQGZ.png

I think that it would look better if only rectangle without fill would be drawn on non-active item:

6ltVDV4.png

Excuse me for my bad mockup, hope you get the idea...

I still have a problem with Start Menu sometimes becoming translucent when I log on locally after being connected through Remote Desktop, despite using a high contrast theme, and having "Disable Start Menu transparency" checked.
translucent.png

Guest freewillie

I have windows 8.1 x64 updated from windows 8 start is back version plus 1.01 works fine but the new version start is back plus 1.0.2 does not let me install I get this error " This version of StartIsBack is not intended for this Windows version. what can I do to resolve this problem.

Guest freewillie

no compatibility is selected in the .exe file. This error is happening in 3 computers Im running windows 8.1 two are x64 and one x86

I just upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro, x64. Also installed the latest SIB. But I can't figure out how to change the color of the SIB Start Menu.

I have right-clicked a blank area, then selected Properties. But I can't see any option to change what I see, a white font on a pale blue background. This is very low contrast, making it difficult to read.

Thanks for any help.

no compatibility is selected in the .exe file. This error is happening in 3 computers Im running windows 8.1 two are x64 and one x86

Re-download 1.0.2 http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlus_setup.exe

I've foolprofed version check.

I just upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro, x64. Also installed the latest SIB. But I can't figure out how to change the color of the SIB Start Menu.

I have right-clicked a blank area, then selected Properties. But I can't see any option to change what I see, a white font on a pale blue background. This is very low contrast, making it difficult to read.

Thanks for any help.

So far you're limited to making start menu not translucent and changing windows color.

Edited by Tihiy

I have 3 monitors arranged side by side. The middle is my primary. I'm using the Aero 8 style with the bigger Windows 8 orb not the small one. The taskbars are along the bottom on all three monitors.

When I mouse over the orb on the primary (middle) and right-hand monitors, the orb highlights and I can bring up the start menu anywhere under the orb, all the way down to the edge of the screen.

But on the left hand monitor, it appears that it will only highlight the orb and bring up the menu when the cursor is over the white portion of the orb itself. If my mouse is to the left or underneath the orb or even exactly on the vertical/horizontal lines within the orb, the orb doesn't highlight and clicking doesn't bring up the menu. The same occurs if the left monitor's task bar is along the left side instead of the bottom. It does not occur if I use the smaller Win8 orb, only the large Win8 orb.

It seems that the transparency masking is causing the mouse over to not be detected properly because it is to the left of the primary monitor (due to negative screen position values maybe??).

Not a huge deal until I just throw my mouse cursor to the bottom left and click, but nothing happens because I have to bring it back away from the edge for the click to register.

Other than that, SiB+ is great on 8.1! Thanks!