Hi Tihiy!!!

With RC5 i have a bug when i shutdown the pc, black screen appear and he don't shutdown!!! I removed startisback and the problem don't appear any more...

I have installed now the new release and the problem appened again...

Who i can help you to correct this situation?

See your Event Viewer application log and windows problem report sabout crashes in explorer.exe (if the time of error matches) and send me them.

Edited by Tihiy

Hi Tihiy!!!

With RC5 i have a bug when i shutdown the pc, black screen appear and he don't shutdown!!! I removed startisback and the problem don't appear any more...

I have installed now the new release and the problem appened again...

Who i can help you to correct this situation?

See your Event Viewer application log and windows problem report sabout crashes in explorer.exe (if the time of error matches) and send me them.

When i do a shutdown with win+X menu, it works good and shutdown very fast.

When i use shutdown with startisback menu, it don't work, appear a black screen and he don't shutdown.

What command shutdown in startisback run? Where i can view the eventviewer of startisback? I think that nothin appear in Windows problem report...

It's possible to talk with you in a chat?

Thanks for fast replying and for that good work you do with this!!!

StartIsBack does shutdown like Alt-F4 on desktop / charms power button does. Win-X does it different way it seems.

If there's no crashes in Event Viewer Application log, then i'm sure it's not related. Go to Win8 slow shutdown thread.

+1.0 has been silently re-released to fix minor "drop on start button does not always work" bug.

Edited by Tihiy

It's now!

StartIsBack+ 1.0 final release

http://startisback.com/

- Custom pane widths can be set in registry (StartPane_LeftWidth, StartPane_RightWidth, StartPane_JumpListWidth)

Thank you for the final release

I couldn't find those keys under "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\StartIsBack]"!

How to add those keys manualy? and how to set their values "

Thank you

Just waiting for your reply.

I couldn't find those keys under "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\StartIsBack]"!

How to add those keys manualy? and how to set their values "

Thank you

Just waiting for your reply.

Add them with regedit, as dword values, each one meaning normalized pixel width of the start menu part.

Edited by Tihiy

if I check flyout menu, menu shows windows vista style

If I uncheck it, menu shows windows 8 style

SIB on windows 8 looks better for me on this matter because it follows style of visual style.

Reprot of explorer crash

I am using SIB+ release 1, in windows 8.1 32bit

I don't usually use the windows XP fly out menu but today I decide to give it ago :

1- Choosing ( Display as fly out menu ) Windos XP style and click apply then ok.
2-Clicking on start menu orb and ,hovering the mouse cursor to the Start app ( windows8 modern applications) folder
3-The explorer crashed and restarting after some time, this behaviour repetedly occured . I tried to hover over the other folders ( eg: Administrative tools ), no problem the submenu shown .

Edit : I renamed the Start Application folder to Windows 8 applications

When I rebuild the system icon cache the submenu is shown with some blanked icons

kxtg.png

Edited by humanangle

humanangle, if is it possible, find this crash in windows error reporting and upload files which contain crash dump.

Grope For Luna, you must be running some cleaner which aggressively deletes temporary directory or temporary directory is improperly configured. Make sure C:\Temp exists, has proper access rights and isn't corrupted somehow.

Hello,
i`ve bought StartIsBack+ and installed in the version 1.0 into Windows 8.1 RTM. It`s successful but i`ve one problem with it. I hate the Apps into Windows. How can i delete or leastwise shift the ordner of start-Apps? It works with classic start menu but i don`t want to use it anymore. I hope anybody knows another easy resolution. Thanks for an answer!

Not so much a bug (or maybe it is), but when comparing pc to pc with Windows 8 vs Windows 8.1 and Startisback 2.1.2 vs Startisback+ 1.0. With autohide enabled for the taskbar and right clicking the Start Button in Windows 8.1 with SIB+ 1.0 the taskbar still autohides while I'm attempting to go to properties if I move the mouse away from the corner to click on properties. In WIndows 8 with SIB 2.1.2 it does not do this while autohide is enabled and in the process of clicking on properties. Just an observation really.

post-382130-0-48545200-1381690508_thumb.