I have observed an issue. I wanna know how to solve.

I have installed programs and games in other disk than the system disk. After 20 minutes of inactivity power management shutdown the disks.

After this time and i have icons of this programs in start menu, i click on start button and menu don´t show until the disks spin up.

Thanks in advanced.

Sorry for my english.

That's not supposed to happen. I suspect antivirus may influence this.

Try using process monitor with path filter for other disk and process name for explorer.exe, then open start menu and check the log.

Have not skimmed thru thread, but first time you install RC5 on windows 8.1 pro it starts up with metro even tho it were set to choose desktop, had to reset it in options again.

Aslo There's an error warning when right clicking on startmenu and choosing options, i cannot reproduce it, but it was there twice on 2 different installations.

Last is there anyway to make the windows start menu logo bigger like on windows 8? It was fine in the start but then i selected the leaf icon and went back to the windows icon again and it automaticly became much more smaller than it was to beging with.

Last is there anyway to make the windows start menu logo bigger like on windows 8? It was fine in the start but then i selected the leaf icon and went back to the windows icon again and it automaticly became much more smaller than it was to beging with.

You can use bigger win8 logo from this archive: http://tihiy.net/files/WinOrbs.zip

I can't change languages I see... Hope it will be added in the future! :)

You dont choose the language by yourself, the program uses the OS's language options.

Edited by maslow

You can use bigger win8 logo from this archive: http://tihiy.net/files/WinOrbs.zip

Thanks, why not ask if user wants the icons installed after installation since i assume it because of rights or something?

That's not supposed to happen. I suspect antivirus may influence this.

Try using process monitor with path filter for other disk and process name for explorer.exe, then open start menu and check the log.

I think it´s not a program installed on d:

It´s a link to a portable app on d:

I have deleted del link and works fine.

I will stay alert.

Thanks.

How in the heck do I FIX my broken Apps with 8.1 ? Does not make any difference if I have RC5 installed or not.

When I go to:

- Wds+C >> Start >> down arrow

- Brings up Apps view screen

- Any app I click on says "This app can't be open" and shows "Error" under all the apps..What the !@#!

Open to suggestions..DP :realmad:

Think I might have found a bug, but don't know if it's been mentioned already. If I do a search for programs and files through StartIsBack, and right-click on any programs listed in the result, the context menu contains duplicate entries for certain actions. This happens on SIB 2.1 on Win 8 x64 and SIB+ RC5 running on Win 8.1 x64 in a Hyper-V VM as shown in the attached image.

It only seems to happen in the context menu for programs. Right-clicking on any other search entries brings up a normal context menu. No big deal, but I thought I'd mention it.

SIB.bmp

When I shut down Windows 8.1 Pro I get a message on screen that there was an error with Explorer, I can't make a prt screen cause it shut's down as it should, I get this message only when I'm using CCleaner before I'm shutting down my PC...

Just come back to give you feed back :

The Arabic translation is working fine in this last version StartIsBack+ RC5

Sib is working great, it is No1 world wide

Thank you so much for this great software.

Edited by humanangle

:hello: Tihiy, thanks for your great piece of work here.
I use it and so far so good but sometimes once I enter windows and open start menu > all programs, explorer freeze for seconds.
I guess it happen whenever it start to make icon cache for start menu. I use Windows XP Style. thanks :)

edit:

I just remembered. I still use Windows Defender on Win8.1

Edited by rocky