I have tried this on Windows 8.1 RTM Enterprise x64 for several days and am very satisfied with it. Thank you for the good addition for the Windows 8.1.

However, I think I found a small glitch. When I shut down my computer it takes about 1~2 minutes when I click the button on the startmenu.

When I do win+x and click shutdown or win+r shutdown -s -t 0, it does shutdown instantly.

It shut down after about 1~2 minutes when I click the button on the start menu or menu item on the charm bar.

Note my computer is uefi booting if that matters.

I have a question concerning the All Programs menu,

How would I remove and add stuff to this? As there is some empty folders that I can't delete even after taking ownership.

Another one is that I want to customize some of the files in there, but not all of the files are located in the

"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Only a couple of items, plus if you add items to that folder it does show up in the startmenu.

So basically, where does All Programs get it's data from? A directory or something so I can remove and customize how I like.

Thanks

~Elijah

+1.0 RC5

Nothing stops this train!

- Right pane is properly sized for all languages / skins
- Taskbar on start screen in bottom position does not consume additional tile row on (please test on Surface Pro)
- After installation, taskbar on start screen is enabled if you're already using desktop wallpaper on it
- When search for files is disabled, See more results link is removed
- When search for files and programs is disabled, search box is removed

- Fixed critical: 'Enable all screen edges on secondary monitors' broke Windows key on secondary monitors
- Fixed critical: configurator could delete OS settings
- Fixed: 'Enable top screen edge (snap)' did not work reliably with multi-mon
- Fixed: advanced start button context menu froze taskbar
- Fixed: focus moving with keyboard arrow keys could be wrong
- Fixed: going to 'Advanced' tab enabled Apply button for no reason

Today I just saw the new version is come out and downloaded and installed.

However I just found again shutdown takes 5 mins! 5mins!

Is this crippled shutdown a feature of an unregistered version?

If registered, does it shut down instantly?

I am disappointed...

You do not seem to understand my situation yet. I posted before about this matter.

When I click "win + x" and shutdown, it shuts down instantly. So, my computer has no problem at all.

Only this SIB+ shutdown button takes 5 mins...

You do not seem to understand my situation yet. I posted before about this matter.

When I click "win + x" and shutdown, it shuts down instantly. So, my computer has no problem at all.

Only this SIB+ shutdown button takes 5 mins...

You said it's also from charms. So it's unlikely SIB+ fault. Uninstall and test shutdown from charms and debug from there. SIB+ does not do shutdown on its own.

when click show desktop, the start button of the secondary monitor doesn't disappear.

since rc5

Please explain what you do.

For the apps that can't be removed (Store, PC Settings, Camera, Photos and SkyDrive), maybe the "Uninstall" in the context menu should be hidden? I tried to "Uninstall" the built-in apps just to see if could be uninstalled and they got damaged. None of them will now open and the Store app being damaged, I'll have to reinstall Windows 8.1. Not a big problem but I thought "Uninstall" should be disallowed for them. :D

Edited by xpclient

double monitors

the "show desktop" button is in the lower right corner of the master monitor

if i click the button, everything is ok in the master monitor

but in the secondary monitor, the taskbar disappear, the start button is still stay there

not everytime, but this didn't happen before rc5