Tihiy,

I don't know whether it's by design or a bug, but if I go to Administrative Tools and click on Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, Services, etc., it is not remembered in recently opened programs. In StartIsBack 2.1.2 it is remembered which is the way I like it.

Again, StartIsBack, either regular or +, is the best out there.

Best regards,

Bob

Tihiy,

I don't know whether it's by design or a bug, but if I go to Administrative Tools and click on Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, Services, etc., it is not remembered in recently opened programs. In StartIsBack 2.1.2 it is remembered which is the way I like it.

You need to go to start screen - charms - settings - tiles - turn on "show administrative tools"

Yeah i know you pushed the pixels to make the arrow blend in.

Wouldn't it be better to make skinnable arrow? I'll try to find a part we can use.

Do you mean the arrow next to menu items like Administrative Tools?

Tihiy,

You need to go to start screen - charms - settings - tiles - turn on "show administrative tools"

Thanks Tihiy,

I'll give it a try right now. :).

Edit:

Boy, I reckon. Every Administrative Tool I've ever clicked on now is listed. Thanks.

Bob

Edited by bjgood

Awesome job Tihiy! So far I only encountered one minor problem - "Enable top screen edge (snap)" doesn't seem to work. I tried to enable it -> restart -> disable -> restart but snap is still there. Unless I'm missing something it's that hand-icon when I hover top edge of the monitor (it's there only on my primary monitor and only when I see desktop)

edit: I tried switching screens (making my currentsecondary a primary one and vice versa) and the snap feature is still active on the same monitor - no matter if it's primary or not.

And another minor bug, with advanced Start button context menu active, when right click to get to the context menu and let it be for around 10 seconds, taskbar color and opacity changes. Here are two comparison screenshots for demonstration - http://imgur.com/a/EIHzc

Edited by gargauth

Found a slight issue, if I go over to the very left of the screen and click start nothing happens. Right clicking brings up the context menu for the taskbar. It seems that either the button itself is offset by a little bit or there's something covering it up. Once you click the button and it's focused, you can still open it on the very left edge and it works fine.

To reproduce click the desktop then try opening the start menu by the very left edge. I believe it has something to do with the corner navigation even though I have all that disabled.

Right now, I'm trying it on Win 8.1 Pro RTM and there is a problem with account picture. It's not showing my picture but some generic PC icon.

Same problem happened here until I actually set an account picture.

"Thank you" for your answer... it doesn't matter, I solved the jumplist problem, microsoft updated the msstyle in 8.1, they removed all start menu resources + properties, I updated my custom theme using the new msstyle. The start menu is perfect, but I miss the slide animation from SIB, in SIB+ even if you disable the translucency the white shadow is still visible, in SIB this can be fixed with AeroGlass or by disabling tanslucency.

Edited by Tusticles

Right now, I'm trying it on Win 8.1 Pro RTM and there is a problem with account picture. It's not showing my picture but some generic PC icon.

Same problem happened here until I actually set an account picture.

I already have a account picture set in windows settings. Also tried to change it, but its still the same.

RC4 works fine

but there is a problem, I dont know if its caused by startisback

at win8 or win8.1 when I uninstall startisback or + and move the mouse in the bottom left corner

and I want to start the "command prompt" as administrator, nothing happends.

I need to go to the taskmanager, and start a new task, "cmd" with "execute as administrator" this works.

With startisback installed, I type cmd in the start/searchbar an right click start as administrator it works fine,

so ... I dont really care about the problem above, cause I just use startisback.

maybe someone has the same problem

Is there any way to adjust the height of the Start Menu?  As I have turned off the option of disaply recent programs.  Thank you.

On one of the settings tabs, change how many recent programs are displayed. Lower it and that'll make the start menu smaller, down to the point where all the things you have selected to display on the right side will still show.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4

Two more problems I noticed (Win8 x64 RTM):

- twice so far Start menu wouldn't respond to down arrow keys when I opened it

- yesterday Start menu just disappeared, and the regular Start button (which opened Start screen) was back - had to restart Explorer to get StartIsBack+ back