Nice work mate, the search box acts as it should now, one bug that still bothers me though is the button size on the places list if you change the font size, on the old SIB and on Windows 7 if you change the places list font size the button size still remains the same, on SIB+ though it makes the button smaller, the icon text size in system metrics also seems to have an effect on the size of the button.

+RC4

- On a touch screen, invoking Shutdown shows 'Slide to shutdown' to prevent accidental shutdown

- Custom themes support different searchbox / logoff heights

- Custom themes can be used with alternate start menu skins

- Start screen shortcut opens it on active monitor

- Turning off 'Search public folders' turns off file search in Start menu instead of searching user profile

- Fixed: start menu may not hide when invoking search results

- Fixed: default start button may not display on 125% DPI

Can we has rlz nao?

Wow, you fixed the problem that I posted four days ago (here), now I can use the other styles, no more buggy jumplists. Any idea why that bug in my custom theme is fixed only if SIB+ is installed? :}

When you search something in the start menu why there is always a line under the text, it shouldn't be visible only on mouse hover?

Edited by Tusticles

Running Windows 8.1 RTM X64 with Start Is Back RC4 which has been awesome thus far. I'm sure like a lot of people, I hate metro and do not use it at all. I shut off all the charms & as much metro stuff as I can. I have enabled as many options as I can such as display metro only app, hide charms, hot corners, etc. Everything seems to be working well except when on the desktop, if I move to the top of the screen the little hand icon comes up all along the time where you can drag your desktop down for split screen. Again I find this usless since I don't use any metro apps. Is there anyone to shut this off or could this be a feature added to StartIsBack? I'm just not sure how to disable it.

Thanks!

Running Windows 8.1 RTM X64 with Start Is Back RC4 which has been awesome thus far. I'm sure like a lot of people, I hate metro and do not use it at all. I shut off all the charms & as much metro stuff as I can. I have enabled as many options as I can such as display metro only app, hide charms, hot corners, etc. Everything seems to be working well except when on the desktop, if I move to the top of the screen the little hand icon comes up all along the time where you can drag your desktop down for split screen. Again I find this usless since I don't use any metro apps. Is there anyone to shut this off or could this be a feature added to StartIsBack? I'm just not sure how to disable it.

StartIsBack settings - Switching - check off 'Enable top screen edge (snap)'

+RC4

- On a touch screen, invoking Shutdown shows 'Slide to shutdown' to prevent accidental shutdown

- Custom themes support different searchbox / logoff heights

- Custom themes can be used with alternate start menu skins

- Start screen shortcut opens it on active monitor

- Turning off 'Search public folders' turns off file search in Start menu instead of searching user profile

- Fixed: start menu may not hide when invoking search results

- Fixed: default start button may not display on 125% DPI

Wow, you fixed the problem that I posted four days ago (here), now I can use the other styles, no more buggy jumplists. Any idea why that bug in my custom theme is fixed only if SIB+ is installed? :}

When you search something in the start menu why there is always a line under the text, it shouldn't be visible only on mouse hover?

StartIsBack settings - Switching - check off 'Enable top screen edge (snap)'

Weird I had that unchecked before I posted. I enabled it, applied, unchecked it and apply again then restarted. Seems to be working now, thank you. I wouldn't have installed 8.1 without this. I have used Start is back on every windows 8 machine I have set up which I think is 4 now. Will be buying more licenses soon, such a great product and glad to see it working on 8.1 before the official release day.

maybe a new bug in RC4

if "all screen corners are active on secondary monitors" is checked

when i click the start botton of the secondary monitor, the start screen is shown, not the start menu

Thank you very much for fixing this and allowing the use of the Start Menu without searching for files with the new changes (or the registry option).

FYI: Win7 has 3 options: Don't search, Search with Public Folders, Search without Public Folders.

Not sure which of those are used most often, but my guess is that people will miss it when even one of those three options is gone :-)

(and as far as I understand it, with the changes in RC4 now the "search without public folders" option is now gone. Which is perfectly fine by me, but perhaps not to other people accustomed to Win7)

Thanks again!

You can disable file searching this way:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"Start_SearchFiles"=dword:00000000

I'll try to return this feature into next version or +1.1.

when i click the start botton of the secondary monitor, the start screen is shown, not the start menu

That's intended. If you use secondary monitors solely for Metro, you likely want to to have easy access to it.

Thank you very much for fixing this and allowing the use of the Start Menu without searching for files with the new changes (or the registry option).

FYI: Win7 has 3 options: Don't search, Search with Public Folders, Search without Public Folders.

Not sure which of those are used most often, but my guess is that people will miss it when even one of those three options is gone :-)

(and as far as I understand it, with the changes in RC4 now the "search without public folders" option is now gone. Which is perfectly fine by me, but perhaps not to other people accustomed to Win7)

Thanks again!

Profile search does not work well in 8.1 anyway (too much junk in AppData). There are some improvements pending for search, just hope to finally crack new search secrets.

I noticed one problem with StartIsBack+: sometimes when I open Start Menu and press down arrow, the first item in right column gets highlighted instead of the first item in left column. I'm not sure how to reproduce this reliably - it seems to happen every now and then (just enough that I can't rely on muscle memory to press Win, Down, Enter to open the top pinned item).

That's intended. If you use secondary monitors solely for Metro, you likely want to to have easy access to it.

ok, but maybe it's better to give an option
and...

post-381291-0-64451700-1378782211_thumb.