Not sure why the start menu wouldn't open in the preview but it's working just perfectly now in the RTM.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this :)

Boo! Now how can we fix that problem?

Can you recall the list of apps you had 8.1 which can modify shell? Extensions, tweakers, replacements, skinning, etc?

+1.0 RC3

http://startisback.com/StartIsBackPlus_setupRC.exe

- 'When I close modern app - Return to last used environment' works as intended in RTM

- Shamrock logo for all DPIs
- More icon sizes for executables
- Start button / Windows key interception should not be broken by third-party software
- Fixed: delay in invoking Win-X menu items
- Fixed: invoking flyout menu items may not close the menu
- Fixed: taskbar slideout animation missing in RC1/RC2
- Fixed: system corner navigation settings were not respected properly
Edited by Tihiy

+1.0 RC3

http://startisback.com/StartIsBackPlus_setupRC.exe

- 'When I close modern app - Return to last used environment' works as intended in RTM

- Shamrock logo for all DPIs

- More icon sizes for executables

- Start button / Windows key interception should not be broken by third-party software

- Fixed: delay in invoking Win-X menu items

- Fixed: invoking flyout menu items may not close the menu

- Fixed: taskbar slideout animation missing in RC1/RC2

- Fixed: system corner navigation settings were not respected properly

Still no love for me getting that default pane size working on the open box :(

report a bug

i use two LCDs, and LCD1 is the master LCD. when i update the system to windows 8.1, every LCD has its own start button. (in windows 8, only the master LCD has a start button)

before i install startisback+, if i click the original start botton in LCD2, the start screen will be shown only in LCD2, no change in LCD1. the reverse is the same

but after i install startisback+, if i click the "start screen" button(i don't know the english name, it's the shortcut to open the start screen in the startisback+ menu) in LCD1/2, the start screen will be shown always in the master LCD

maybe the main method is when you click the shortcut of one software in the startisback+ menu in LCD2, the software can be shown in LCD2, not the master LCD

post-381291-0-98991500-1378369748.jpg

Edited by isler

It won't be changed. Why is that critical?

Nothing to say about the picture I posted above?

Well, it's obviously a bug and will be fixed, although you're not really supposed to use full skin with alternate skin.

it's the shortcut of start screen in the startisback+ menu.

Aha. It opens Start screen on the last used monitor. Middle-click on Start button or pressing Ctrl-Win or invoking Start screen via charms will open it on the intended monitor, but i'll try to make shortcut open it on the active monitor too. You can also set 'Enable all corners on secondary monitors'. Then start button on non-primary monitor will open Start screen only.

Well, it's obviously a bug and will be fixed, although you're not really supposed to use full skin with alternate skin.

The bug is caused by windows 8.1, even if you don't have SIB+ installed you will have the same bug, to fix this SIB+ must be installed with "Default startmenu style" selected and Windows explorer restarted.

it's the shortcut of start screen in the startisback+ menu.

Aha. It opens Start screen on the last used monitor. Middle-click on Start button or pressing Ctrl-Win or invoking Start screen via charms will open it on the intended monitor, but i'll try to make shortcut open it on the active monitor too. You can also set 'Enable all corners on secondary monitors'. Then start button on non-primary monitor will open Start screen only.

if set 'Enable all corners on secondary monitors', when i click the start button in LCD2, the start screen is shown in LCD2, and the "startisback+ menu" can't be loaded...

It won't be changed. Why is that critical?
It's not critical but I thought you were going to work on it after you got everything else working, well that's what you led me to believe anyway, mostly I just wanted it so I could port all my Windows 7 and 8 themes that have the search box removed, I didn't think it was a big ask nor did I think it would effect any of the themes that would have the search box, all themes have that default pane size set so it's not like it will break anything by enabling it the way it should be.

Here is an example of one of my start menus with the open box removed and how it looks on SIB+

a75fl.jpg2yud9v8.jpg

I'm not sure if this is a known bug or not (sorry if it is) but when you have configured the taskbar to use small icons (i.e. where the clock is only a single line), then the default start menu button disppears. Selecting an icon other than the Windows 8 logo fixes the issue but I'd prefer that icon over the other built-in ones. :)

I'm using Windows 8.1 and the latest version here.

Edited by Viper007Bond