Tihiy,

I had a small issue with StartIsBack+ (August 28th 2013 build). If you have selected Administrative Tools in settings, then click on a listing (such as Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, Services, or whatever) the Start Menu does not close automatically after making your selection. It will close afterwards if you click outside the menu border. This is on Win 8.1 64 bit.

Thanks for a great application. It's the best out there. :).

Thank you.

Regards,

Bob

Don't know if it's just me but when I checked "Use advanced Start button context menu" and tried to launch an application from there e.g. clicking on "Task Manager", there was a huge delay before the application actually came up.

Launching the same application from Win+X menu is considerably faster than from StartIsBack menu.

If it was an upgrade install then try removing it and then installing it again, I had the same problem after I did a upgrade install on the 8.1 RTM leaked install.wim I managed to get the wim to install with many problems then just refreshed it again when the untouched ISO's were released, I don't know if it will help at all though, maybe even try Revo Uninstaller and make sure everything is removed and try again, also not sure if it makes any difference but I always select the install for everyone option.

It's a completely fresh install on a freshly formatted HD from the ISO and not the .wim.

I've completely uninstalled it and deleted settings/license data and tried installing it again this time selecting the for everyone option. Still doesn't do anything.

Edited by PandaX

yes bit it doesn't have a frame that marks it as running, and it can't be closed from it either. it also leaves a gap between Quick Launch and Pinned Programs.

But its good temporary solution thanks

Tihiy, do you think it would be possible to make Metro Apps pin'able to Taskbar ?

You can add Quick Launch to taskbar, then drop Metro apps shortcuts from Start Apps:

pintaskbar.png

Edited by Vlad2989

Tihiy,

I had a small issue with StartIsBack+ (August 28th 2013 build). If you have selected Administrative Tools in settings, then click on a listing (such as Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, Services, or whatever) the Start Menu does not close automatically after making your selection. It will close afterwards if you click outside the menu border. This is on Win 8.1 64 bit.

Thanks for a great application. It's the best out there. :).

Thank you.

Regards,

Bob

Tihiy,

Couldn't you reproduce my bug report post?

Thanks.

Bob

Just guessing that he probably took my reproducing it as well as enough info. :-)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4

I suppose you're right.

Thanks for the confirmation and the reply, roirraWedorehT. :).

Bob

Not sure why the start menu wouldn't open in the preview but it's working just perfectly now in the RTM.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this :)

Edited by PandaX

I suppose you're right.

Thanks for the confirmation and the reply, roirraWedorehT. :).

Bob

You're welcome!

Hi guys, I'm just going to upgrade to 8.1, its possible to try the rc2 version, or its just for some  testers? 

ty in advance

Hi! The link to the latest RC is always the same; it's in the second post.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4