Office 2007 in Windows 2000

AnX

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2019 at 9:32 PM, win32 said:

Have you tried the installation on a newer OS? If you get the same error, your copy may have some corruption.

But yes, as long as you get SP4 UR1/USP 5.1 and the extended kernel v3.0x installed, plus the OS version trickery, and do not install Groove, you should be fine.

@win32

How exactly were you able to get yours working?

I have KernelEx, the latest one for English - which is labeled 18g but says 18f in the installer.

I still get "This program requires a newer version of Windows to run".

I already had USP 5.1. I can't install the Application Verifier as that also says it requires XP. How can I get setup.exe to run??

This same setup.exe worked fine on XP.

Edited by Dylan Cruz

6 minutes ago, win32 said:

Version 3.0e is the latest English version. Use NNN4NT5 (which will either be in %systemroot%\WINNT or Windows 2000 Power Pack start menu folder) to make software think it's running on XP.

@win32Aha, I didn't scroll down far enough. I just grabed the 30e file (v3.0e I guess).

I don't see a NNN4NT5 folder or file in my WIN NT folder. Where is the W2K power pack start menu folder/where can I get it?

Edited by Dylan Cruz

5 minutes ago, win32 said:

NNN4NT5.exe is the name of the file. Some people have had to install the extended kernel twice to get the start menu folder to appear.

I installed it twice and I still don't see it. I don't see KernelEx explicitly as an installed program now, but some of the things it installed show up. I had to do a manual restart each time (it wasn't automatic).

I still don't see the file, either.