Office 2007 in Windows 2000

AnX

Hello MSFN.

I've found out an easy method of installing Office 2007 on Windows 2000.  :thumbup

You'll need the Chrome tool from blackwingcat: here (or FCWIN2K found here)

UUR daily (April 2013)

And a copy of Office 2007.

Pre-installation: Install UURollup v11 daily. You can get it from here. I would recommend installing the BlackWingCat Extended Kernel instead, found here.

Step 1:  Download and unpack the Chrome tool, or FCWIN2K from BWC.

Step 2:  Open the tool and click on "Set compatible registry" (not needed with FCWIN2K)

Step 3:  Start the Office 2007 installation. Select "Custom" and uncheck "Microsoft Groove". Everything else will work.

Step 4:  When installation is complete, go into the Chrome tool and hit "Clean up setting registry". (not needed with FCWIN2K)

Done! You can now use Office 2007 on Windows 2000!  :w00t:

post-357011-0-20640400-1373984365_thumb.

Edited by AnX
Edited to update links and information to add this topic to important Win2k threads. Edit 2 by OP: Further updates.

• 7 months later...

Hi do you know where I can download the Chrome Tool please

The originally posted link is "malformed", here is the "right" one:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/360097.html

You might need to use this:

https://translate.google.it/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=it&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.livedoor.jp%2Fblackwingcat%2Farchives%2F360097.html

(the site is in Japanese)

As a side note WHY someone would actually want to install Office 2007 :w00t: (and it's ribbon interface :ph34r:) totally escapes me. :unsure:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

• 1 year later...

Bumping to add information

I've recently tested Office 2007 Professional Plus in my Windows 2000 environment and it mostly works just fine except for a few things that have been documented I believe by blackwingcat. Outlook 2007 is broken. It mostly works but it cannot send email from my test, which basically renders it useless right there.

I also believe that Publisher 2007 crashes as well, but I cannot remember what the conditions were offhand.

Word 2007, Excel 2007, and PowerPoint 2007 seem to work just fine. I didn't give Access a whirl since I don't think many people here care about it.

So for people that either require or at least could use Office 2007 on Windows 2000, it is possible, as long as you don't need Outlook or Publisher. I'm not sure if anyone has found a way around those issues or not.

Hello MSFN.

I've found out an easy method of installing Office 2007 on Windows 2000.  :thumbup

You'll need the Chrome tool from blackwingcat: here (or FCWIN2K found here)

UUR daily (April 2013)

And a copy of Office 2007.

Pre-installation: Install UURollup v11 daily. You can get it from here.

Step 1:  Download and unpack the Chrome tool from BWC.

Step 2:  Open the tool and click on "Set compatible registry"

Step 3:  Start the Office 2007 installation. Select "Custom" and uncheck "Microsoft Groove". Everything else will work.

Step 4:  When installation is complete, go into the Chrome tool and hit "Clean up setting registry".

Done! You can now use Office 2007 on Windows 2000!  :w00t:

attachicon.gifoffice2007.JPG

I'm not sure what's wrong with my pc, I'm trying to install Office 2007 from my 2007 Standard Disc and I cannot find any option for Microsoft Groove. Which expandable option contains groove?

I keep getting an error occurred during installation

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

I'm not sure what's wrong with my pc, I'm trying to install Office 2007 from my 2007 Standard Disc and I cannot find any option for Microsoft Groove. Which expandable option contains groove?

I keep getting an error occurred during installation

The Office Groove 2007 is in Enterprise Edition Office 2007.

I have Office 2007 Professional Edition Disc Only.

Office 2007 Standard only includes Word, Excel, PointPoint, and possibly Outlook from what I'm seeing. I actually thought it was only in Small Business and upwards to be honest. I personally think there are too many flavors of Office. It should be condensed down to Student and Teacher, Standard/Small Business, and Professional. So much easier to keep track of.

It should be condensed down to Student and Teacher, Standard/Small Business, and Professional. So much easier to keep track of.

It could be condensed to only 1 (one) edition, the "Working Edition" and then have the license (please read as money) govern which programs inside it will be accessible.

jaclaz

• 1 year later...

try ApplicationVerifier . you can download it form microsoft.

first i do not know if ApplicationVerifier can be installed on windows 2000,so it is just a theory.

install BWC extended core and all fixes

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&id=20028

install ApplicationVerifier and open it

add application

--add  setup.exe in iso

test

--uncheck basic

compatibility

--check high version lie

--right click on it

--property

set the form like below

major version: 5
minor version: 1
build number: 2600
service pack major: 3

and save

open setup.exe

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bumping this, but if my assumption is correct, then this (or another method I used to get the latest firefox for XP sp2 working on 2k) could be used to get Office 2010 working on Windows 2000, as that requires Windows XP or later to run. I am gonna try that and see if it works and will get back if it does.

The setup program for Office 2010 opens, but it can't install as it needs internet so I have hit an impass until I can get internet working on Windows 2000. Here's a screen showing what opening Office 2010 does. Before I did what I did to it, it would say that this wasn't a valid Win 32 app, now it doesn't.

New Bitmap Image.JPG

Edited by Jakob99

• 9 months later...

I found another crash condition for Office 2007, with regards to OneNote.

Pasting images into any notebook. :w00t:

So you'd have to use the hard-to-find OneNote 2003, which did not ship as part of any Office edition.

But, as long as Word and Excel work, which they do, I'm sure that is all that really matters. :yes:

I wish that I could stick to 2003 but I suddenly needed stuff like the ability to really manipulate my headers, insert pages (especially cover pages), and the integrated citation system.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Is this still possible?  I'm trying it but when I try to install Office 2007 I get "OSETUP.DLL" can be loaded.  I have set the compatible registry with Chrome tool and I think I've installed what is needed but maybe not.  So many links are now dead and the links to the pages in all Japanese aren't very helpful.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Have you tried the installation on a newer OS? If you get the same error, your copy may have some corruption.

But yes, as long as you get SP4 UR1/USP 5.1 and the extended kernel v3.0x installed, plus the OS version trickery, and do not install Groove, you should be fine.

Thank you for the quick response!  This was I good thought I hadn't considered, but I tested with XP and the Office 2007 install seems fine.  I'm guessing I do not have "extended kernel v3.0x".  I've been trying to follow these threads and download and install what is still available, but so many long threads, dead links, pages in Japanese ...  Could you point me to where I could get this, if it is still available, or shoot me an email: mage of maple at gmail?

Any help grately appreciated :)