Is there a better "nLite-like" program than nLite?

I've been using nLite to create unattended installation discs for years, and it's a great program, but from what i understand it hasn't been updated in years and thus it struggles with some of the newer hotfixes. Is there a newer, better program out there that basically does the same thing so that I can create an XP install disc with all the latest updates? I hate updating through Windows Updates because it takes forever and I find that systems that have been updated in this manner tend to run slower than those that have had their updates slipstreamed.

Yes, when you install with the updates from the UDC script, the only thing that will show in Windows Update is the Malicious Software Removal Tool.

Word of caution.... After selecting the Updates form -X- UDC, select ALL (Including the IE8 Add-on) but the IE8 Updates, sort by Ascending Date, THEN select the IE8 Updates.

Rationale -

1 - nLite woks best when Updates are installed oldest-to-newest

2 - IE8 needs integrated BEFORE IE8 Updates (also in date order but may be unnecessary).

Ref -

Simply ignore the part about WMP11. The link I gave is "Integration For Dummies" step-by-step detail. You should understand what I just said though since you've already used it.

The IE8 add-on always processes first. Try it. Put it last on the list with the IE8 updates above it. ;)

Edited by -X-

• 2 months later...