Windows 7 image recovery bloatware from dell

aliceinchains

I hate factory images that come on dell computers, to much bloatware. I prefer a clean install... So Dell, allows you to order your recovery disk one time per computer and this is delivered free. I think this is acceptable but they sent me this in a USB stick (8 gb), and he told me that it didn't have anything but a clean copy of windows seven plus the drivers,not all the other crap. Asked me if that was ok so I said sure.. Never heard of this before but in short, it didn't wipe out all the bloatware that was on my system..

Anyone know what Im talking about ?

Anyway, do any of you know how to make a clean windows install disk from the factory image that is on dell systems now - minus all the crap that come on them ?

get a clean win 7 Sp1 ISO from a digital river link (google for it) and add the Dell drivers to it. So now you have a clean Windows.

^^^This. I did this with a Gateway factory OEM laptop & got a perfect Windows 7 install, activate by phone using Key from COA.

get a clean win 7 Sp1 ISO from a digital river link (google for it) and add the Dell drivers to it. So now you have a clean Windows.
^^^This. I did this with a Gateway factory OEM laptop & got a perfect Windows 7 install, activate by phone using Key from COA.
DO NOT USE THE COA!!! There are "certain" files AND the INTERNAL key that allows for Pre-Activation and ALL of it is on the Factory Image (and maybe the USB Stick).

WHY would you "waste" the COA key AND have to go to the trouble of Activation? IF something goes "wrong" AND you Activate then you LIMIT yourself to how many time MS will Activate without an "already used" message! :no:

Do what MagicAndre said AND "build" a Pre-Activated (MSFN has all of the info on that). :yes:

(side note: build one with all of the Updates "integrated" and save the hassle of Updates download - extra work. See Windows Updates Downloader and other Topics. Browse around.)

Your option. ;) (Just sayin'...)

DO NOT USE THE COA!!! There are "certain" files AND the INTERNAL key that allows for Pre-Activation and ALL of it is on the Factory Image (and maybe the USB Stick).

WHY would you "waste" the COA key AND have to go to the trouble of Activation? IF something goes "wrong" AND you Activate then you LIMIT yourself to how many time MS will Activate without an "already used" message! :no:

Do what MagicAndre said AND "build" a Pre-Activated (MSFN has all of the info on that). :yes:

(side note: build one with all of the Updates "integrated" and save the hassle of Updates download - extra work. See Windows Updates Downloader and other Topics. Browse around.)

Your option. ;) (Just sayin'...)

Thanks for the heads-up but what you're suggesting seems a bit beyond my noobish experience & capabilities. :huh: The method I used works fine for me. :)

Regards,

Pink

Thanks for the heads-up but what you're suggesting seems a bit beyond my noobish experience & capabilities. :huh: The method I used works fine for me. :)

Well, saving the activation files and retrieving the key before formatting seems to be the trickiest part, and for it there is the "advanced tokens manager"... besides the alternatives in this thread and links therein.

I ended up doing this and using my own product key as it said on the site, I just used the same (home premium) that came with my system and use my own product key, it worked great. Plus, I really didn't even have to install many drivers,t I think only two of them. I even went to the dell site to download the most recent drivers for my computer and during installation of the audio and video, it said that the ones installed were newer than the ones off the site.

Thanks for the reply, by the way.