Nlite ie8 hofix integrated error

windowsfaq

I never made them cabs before, I just ran part of your batch file changing the names of the files to extract and of the cab file to build.

How do I go here ? I copied your code to an ini file and extracted the KB. Do I need to put everything back in the cab file (that is 6 files plus the Update directory containing 6 more files) or only part of it ?

You need this code in addition to the KB, The update misses some registry entries.

Just name your ini file entries_KB2564958.ini, Then download cabarc.exe from here or here.

Put cabarc,exe in system32 or the same folder as the ini and run this command...

cabarc -p n WindowsXP-KB2564958-x86-ENU.cab entries_KB2564958.ini

Change ENU to whatever France uses,

So... here later, I keep and integrate both the .exe and the .cab ? (or I'd replace a 749kb EXE file by a 2kb CAB file). :unsure:

In your UDC batch file, when the cabs are built, the exe is deleted at the end and only the CAB file remains. This is not the same here ?

Yes, you integrate both. The problem is that nLite does not register uiautomationcore when slipstreaming KB2564958. The registry entries needed have to be applied with the add-on.

• 3 months later...

For some missing KB I can't find a download link other than ENU (WindowsXP-KB892130-ENU-x86.exe ?).

For my information ( :D ) there is no localized version of that file. Localized XPs download that very -ENU- file from WU.