Which chip?

Since I have an nVidia GPU in my build now, I think I should get more lucky on Windows 2000 with PAE. If i was to install the UUR 11 daily or weekly, would the drivers work out of the box?

So I disabled PAE and reinstalled both BWC and the XP drivers but still have not got it working yet. I've got to be doing something wrong unless this new APU simply isnt supported by the XP driver yet... Going to be kind of a waste if I have to use a seperate video card when I bought the APU to utilize the built in video ;p

oh well I'll keep trying

So I disabled PAE and reinstalled both BWC and the XP drivers but still have not got it working yet. I've got to be doing something wrong unless this new APU simply isnt supported by the XP driver yet... Going to be kind of a waste if I have to use a seperate video card when I bought the APU to utilize the built in video ;p

oh well I'll keep trying

You'll find that you'll have much better luck with an nVidia Graphics Processing unit. Sorry to say.

The AMD graphics drivers for XP for won't work. They need to be modified (the actual driver files, not just the INF file). The only person capable of doing that is blackwingcat.

Since I have an nVidia GPU in my build now, I think I should get more lucky on Windows 2000 with PAE. If i was to install the UUR 11 daily or weekly, would the drivers work out of the box?

No :( In my experience, the latest drivers working "out of the box" are v270.61 available at my website. In case of the newer drivers I believe that you need to modify the DLL files too. You should try to use the v300.xx drivers from BWC.

Edited by tomasz86

I sent BWC a few messages over the last couple days. I've been stalking him since I know he's one of the only people out there who can fix a driver (outside of AMD of course)

I saw the latest beta drives from AMD didnt support XP anymore. If they phase out XP support as MS is doing what will we do when we need a new driver and hacking up an INF from Xp isnt available anymore... Looks like we may be stuck with legacy support only for a little while longer...

No :( In my experience, the latest drivers working "out of the box" are v270.61 available at my website. In case of the newer drivers I believe that you need to modify the DLL files too. You should try to use the v300.xx drivers from BWC.

Oh, OK. These drivers can work without UUR too?

Lesson learned: Don]'t use Intel or AMD graphics. Just go nVidia with either an Intel or an AMD CPU.

BTW, my mobo has an auto VCore throttler, so it can run on non-SpeedStep aware OSes too (e.g. Windows 2000).

Well, I'm pretty much all set for Win2k install, just need a PS/2 keyboard to get past the setup until I can reinstall the USB drivers (still don't know why that happens).

Well looks like I'll be running win7 until this AMD driver magically starts working .. That and Mint as an Android dev box. I wanted this to be an HTPC size low power (under 160W) desktop. Can't really do that with an extra video card and an AMD APU which isnt fully used ;p

Heart broken but I will keep on