Registry setting not imported

Hi, I am using windows 7 64bit

case 1

I applied "disable Open File Security Warning.reg", reboot the computer, and I will not get Open File Security Warning.

==========================================================

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Created by: Shawn Brink

; http://www.sevenforums.com

; Tutorial: Open File Security Warning - Enable or Disable

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]

"SaveZoneInformation"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations]

"LowRiskFileTypes"=".avi;.bat;.com;.cmd;.exe;.htm;.html;.lnk;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.msi;.m3u;.rar;.re g;.txt;.vbs;.wav;.zip;"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]

"SaveZoneInformation"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations]

"LowRiskFileTypes"=-

==========================================================

case 2

But using WPI (windows post installation wizard ) to install the game and apply the registry, I still get this nag message refer to the picture.

WPI code

{REGEDIT} "%wpipath%\\disable Program Compatibility Assistant.reg"

{REBOOT 3}

I know I can always uncheck the box "Always ask before opening this file". But I want to create an auto installer of the game with all the configurations.

please advice and thanks.

post-31401-0-40084400-1371488689_thumb.j

A workaround, if we want integrate this registry keys is to use RunOnceEx method, like this example:

1 - Create a batch file:

Assistant.bat

@echo off

REG ADD HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
SET KEY=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemroot%\Setup\scripts\Assistant.reg" /f

shutdown.exe /r /t 10
EXIT

2 - Inside your %Distribution_Folder%, create $OEM$\$$\Setup\scripts (inside :.\sources)

3 - Copy your Registry file inside the folder scripts:

Assistant.reg (added more values)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
; Created by: Shawn Brink
; http://www.sevenforums.com
; Tutorial: Open File Security Warning - Enable or Disable

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]
"SaveZoneInformation"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations]
"LowRiskFileTypes"=".avi;.bat;.com;.cmd;.exe;.htm;.html;.lnk;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.msi;.m3u;.rar;.reg;.txt;.vbs;.wav;.zip"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download]
"CheckExeSignatures"="no"
"RunInvalidSignatures"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]
"SaveZoneInformation"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations]
"LowRiskFileTypes"=-

4 - Using Execute after with WPI inside Options wizard Tools (checked)

5a - You can use and write: {BATCH}

5b - And browse to the path where you set the batch file:

example: {BATCH} C:\WPI_v8.6.6\Install\Tweaks\Assistant.bat

WPI_Log.txt

lundi 17 juin 2013 21:18:47

Programme: Execute After

ID unique: EXECUTE_AFTER

Ordre: 0

Catégorie: WPI Built In

lundi 17 juin 2013 21:18:47 - cmd1 Succès (Code de retour 0): "cmd.exe" /C "C:\WPI_v8.6.6\Install\Tweaks\Assistant.bat"

lundi 17 juin 2013 21:18:48 - Installation terminée.

6 - The registry file will take effect when the computer restarts

Tested and works fine!

*Edit: Check if you have unlocked the exe file first

Edited by myselfidem

*Edit: Check if you have unlocked the exe file first

Thanks for the code and you are absolutely right, I did not unlock the exe file.

I never encounter such situation of a file being locked.

Thank you once again . :thumbup

Edited by illusions

NOTE:

However if you use WPI on your computer and exit without using a new time 'Execute after'

the settings about the registry keys will be erased and saved as default with security values!

; Key removed
"LowRiskFileTypes"=".avi;.bat;.com;.cmd;.exe;.htm;.html;.lnk;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.msi;.m3u;.rar;.reg;.txt;.vbs;.wav;.zip"

; Key restored with default value
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download]
"RunInvalidSignatures"=dword:00000000

Regards

*Edit: We can see how works inside WPI:

Inside WPI.hta

WriteRegKey("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Download\\CheckExeSignatures","no","REG_SZ");
WriteRegKey("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Download\\RunInvalidSignatures",1,"REG_DWORD");
WriteRegKey("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Policies\\Associations\\LowRiskFileTypes",".js;.zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.hta;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;.ade;.adp;.bas;.chm;.cpl;.crt;.dll;.hlp;.inf;.ins;.isp;.jse;.lnk;.mdb;.mde;.msc;.msp;.mst;.pcd;.pif;.scr;.sct;.shs;.url;.vb;.vbe;.vbs;.wsc;.wsf;.wsh","REG_SZ");

And inside core.js

On line 543:

WriteRegKey("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\Download\\RunInvalidSignatures",0,"REG_DWORD");

And from line 593:

if (!ExitBeforeInstall)
{
RestoreRegistryKeys();

if (getOSver()=="XP" || getOSver()=="Vista" || getOSver()=="Win7" || getOSver()=="Win8")
{
DeleteRegKey("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Policies\\Associations\\LowRiskFileTypes");
DeleteRegKey("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Policies\\Associations\\");
}

Edited by myselfidem