How do I backup my Win7 product key?

coucou

Hello,

I've installed and activated Win7 x64 bits as well as Office 2013 x64bits, everything works like a charm 

I read somewhere activation problems when REinstalling Win7. Also, I read somewhere in this forum that is it possible to backup the product key (file/reg).

Anyone can let me know what file/reg to backup in order to restore in case the win7 activation?

Regards

there are tools to backup the activation status:

http://www.joshcellsoftwares.com/2011/09/AdvancedTokensManager.html

Thanks for the links Andre. Just out of curiosity, could someone else using Opera please test that guys website download pages ... www.joshcellsoftwares.com

Using Opera v11 I noticed that the download pages there cause a hard lock up on Opera on WinXP. Tried it four times, and each time Opera needed to be killed with ProcExp. Firefox showed no problems.

Just wondering if it is not something local to me. Could be some elaborate javascripts affecting others or maybe he is pulling in some ads that I blocked.

However:

Backup Compatibility:

• Windows 8 Family
  • Windows 7 Family
  • Windows Vista Family
  • Windows Server 2008 / 2011 / 2012 Family
  • Microsoft Office Family from 2010 to 2013

* All editions, versions and Service Packs.

* Requires .NET Framework v4.0.

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

TNX myselfidem ;)

That what I was looking for.

BTW, I find 2 token.dat files:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\tokens.dat (6964 KB), this is the concerned file

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\tokens.dat (3361 KB). What it used for? Office 2013?

Regards

BTW, I find 2 token.dat files:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\tokens.dat (6964 KB), this is the concerned file

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\tokens.dat (3361 KB). What it used for? Office 2013?

Regards

Yes, the second tokens.dat is about Office 2013. ;)

Useful tool:

Script used for Windows and Office activation info backup and restorin New script released!

Other thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/157116-how-to-backup-genuine-license-of-windows-7-home-premium/

Regards