Classic Shell 4.0

xpclient

Out of curiosity, are you aware of anything that StartIsBack can do that Classic Shell cannot besides "Search network shares added to Libraries"? I had always believed that there were advantages to having both apps installed, and I think that used to be true, but if StartIsBack doesn't add any capabilities then I'm starting to wonder if that is still true.

Cheers and Regards

StartIsBack+ has nice Modern UI related tweaks. The latest one for example to terminate Modern apps processes with the Close button (for Update 1) is cool. SIB+ also allows adjusting translucency of menu+taskbar. Also it can uninstall Modern apps, hide desktop shortcuts from Start/Apps screen, and put Metro app shortcuts on desktop bcoz of its shell namespace extension.

Edited by xpclient

Thanks. So there is still value to running both, and they still "play nice" together? If so, it might be helpful to some to give some suggested settings to best take advantage of the features of both. But that's just my opinion.

Cheers and Regards

Would it be possible to make classic shell work with clear glass / glass themes (have the same look), or make a theme for classic shell that is clear glass / glass, as i am unable to use classic shell with my themes as they just don't look right (they look more white than clear glass / glass).

Thanks ace2. :crazy:

Would it be possible to make classic shell work with clear glass / glass themes (have the same look), or make a theme for classic shell that is clear glass / glass, as i am unable to use classic shell with my themes as they just don't look right (they look more white than clear glass / glass).

Assuming that you are using it on Windows 8 and installed Aero Glass mod by BigMuscle, did you enable the option Enable Aero Glass (requires Aero Glass mod) from the Menu Look tab in Settings? Then switch to the Windows Aero skin from the Skins tab. If BigMuscle's Aero Glass is working correctly, then it should look the same as Windows 7 menu. Also from the Menu Look tab, you can adjust the Glass intensity and Color Blending if required.

Edited by xpclient

Assuming that you are using it on Windows 8 and installed Aero Glass mod, did you enable the option Enable Aero Glass (requires Aero Glass mod) from the Menu Look tab in Settings? Then switch to the Windows Aero skin from the Skins tab. If BigMuscle's Aero Glass is working correctly, then it should look the same as Windows 7 menu. Also from the Menu Look tab, you can adjust the Glass intensity and Color Blending if required.

Using window 8.1 with DWNGlass.dll_1.2.1 with Windows Aero skin and option to enable Enable Aero Glass, and adjusted the Glass intensity and Color Blending, But its to white or to dark, Can't get start menu to go clear glass color.

THIS IS THE COLOR I WANT:

http://s27.postimg.org/5kdogsow3/Pic.jpg

Edited by ace2

Go to Start Menu styles tab and select Classic with two columns style. Then switch to Skin tab and select Full Glass, More Transparent.

Edited by xpclient

Go to Start Menu styles tab and select Classic with two columns style. Then switch to Skin tab and select Full Glass, More Transparent.

Thanks for the info, but two columns style menu color does NOT look right with clear glass / glass themes even with Full Glass and more Transparent. :no:

Works for me. This is how it looks with Aero Glass installed:

attachicon.gifGlass.jpg

Looks nice, But i would like the windows 7 menu with clear glass / glass effect, Thanks for all your help, i hope you will be able to make windows 7 menu have clear glass / glass effect, thanks again ace2. ;)

Edited by ace2

How about this skin (Attached)? It's a Windows 7-style skin. Copy to C:\Program Files\Classic Shell\Skins and set it from the Skins tab.

WOW thank you so much, i didn't expect you to go to so much trouble, Windows Aero Transparent.skin7 makes the start menu looks great with my themes, thank you very much again from ace2. :thumbup

Start Menu:

http://s1.postimg.org/qym503ygf/Start_Menu.jpg

Settings:

http://s9.postimg.org/ct877xx5b/Settings.jpg

Clear Glass:

http://s29.postimg.org/qe28a2z53/Clear_Glass.jpg

Edited by ace2